Find cheap flights to Honolulu
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|January||Most popular time to fly (3% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$771||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Honolulu
- Looking for cheap airfare to Honolulu? 25% of our users found return tickets to Honolulu for the following prices or less: From Auckland Intl $671, from Wellington $990, from Queenstown Intl $1,356
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Honolulu is March.
- Honolulu Airport (HNL) provides access not only to Hawaii’s capital but also for the rest of the island of O’ahu. This includes the popular Kailua Bay and Waimanalo Bay.
- A common stopover for non-direct flights between New Zealand and Honolulu is Sydney Airport (SYD) where you can enjoy the SkyTeam Lounge, which is open to the public. Located within the International Departures, the lounge has showering facilities and complimentary food to help you feel rejuvenated between flights. Providing space is available, you can purchase 5 h of access for A$ 77 (≈NZ$ 80).
- No hotels are located within the grounds of Honolulu Airport, however Airport Honolulu Hotel is located only a 5 min drive away and provides a complimentary shuttle service at any time of the day. A Standard King room will give you access to the outdoor swimming pool and fitness centre, which are just some of the amenities offered by the hotel.
FAQs - booking Honolulu flights
How long is the flight to Honolulu?
What is the cheapest flight to Honolulu?
How far is Honolulu airport from central Honolulu?
What is the name of Honolulu’s airport?
Where do I pick up my rental car at Honolulu Airport?
Is there a bus I can catch to reach my accommodation?
Where is the best place to do my duty free shopping?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Honolulu?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Honolulu?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Honolulu?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Honolulu?
Top 5 airlines flying to Honolulu
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Honolulu Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.