Find cheap flights to Denpasar
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Denpasar
- Looking for cheap airfare to Denpasar? 25% of our users found return tickets to Denpasar for the following prices or less: From Queenstown Intl $722, from Auckland Intl $736, from Christchurch $1,182
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Denpasar is February.
- Bali Ngurah Rai Airport (DPS) is the major international travel hub for the city of Denpasar as well as the greater Bali region. This includes the popular seaside resort destinations of Kuta and Seminyak, which lie directly to the west of Denpasar.
- You can purchase a SIM card inside Bali Ngurah Rai Airport. Once you pass through customs, a Telkomsel booth is located to the right hand side of the terminal. A SIM card with 38 GB of data and domestic calls can be purchased for Rp 350,000 (NZ$ 36.50). It is recommended that you bring a photocopy of your passport to provide as identification as all SIM cards in Bali must be registered.
- In the unlikely event that you have lost your luggage or had an unpleasant experience, an information desk is located within the Arrivals Hall of the International Terminal at Bali Ngurah Rai Airport where staff are on hand to assist with any issues.
- Visa stamps are free for New Zealand passport holders entering Indonesia, however if you plan to stay longer than 30 days you will be required to pay a Rp 500,000 (≈NZ$ 51.50) visa fee.
FAQs - booking Denpasar flights
How long is the flight to Denpasar?
What is the cheapest flight to Denpasar?
The cheapest airline ticket to Denpasar from New Zealand in the last 72 hours was $668 return on the route Auckland to Denpasar. The most popular route is Auckland to Denpasar and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,107 return.
Which airlines fly to Denpasar?
In general from New Zealand, Emirates and Air New Zealand fly the most to Denpasar. The most popular route is from Auckland, and Emirates & Air New Zealand fly this route the most.
How far is Denpasar airport from central Denpasar?
Denpasar Airport is 10 kilometres from the centre of Denpasar. View on map.
What is the name of Denpasar’s airport?
Denpasar is served by Denpasar Bali Ngurah Rai Airport, also commonly referred to as Bali Ngurah Rai, Bali Ngurah Rai Airport, Denpasar Intl, I Gusti Ngurah Rai Intl, Ngurah Rai, Ngurah Rai Intl, or simply Denpasar Airport. The airport code is DPS.
Where do I pick up my rental car at Bali Ngurah Rai Airport?
Unfortunately, no rental car agencies have offices located within the grounds of the airport, meaning that companies instead provide a meet and greet service upon your arrival. Major global agencies Avis and Europcar offer this service, as well as Indonesian rental company TRAC Astra.
How much will a taxi cost from Ngurah Rai Airport?
Much of the accomodation options in the surrounding areas are spread across the beaches surrounding Denpasar. A taxi to the central district of the city will cost Rp 275.000 (≈NZ$ 29). A taxi office is located directly outside the International Arrivals section of the airport, where you can purchase a fixed rate depending on the area of Denpasar you need to be dropped off.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Denpasar Plane Tickets(Return)
Pros: The crew did well checking up on everyone regularly and the plane was comfortable.
Cons: The meal was not very good. I would have really appreciated a small snack or desert also. The crew also seemed easily irritated at times.
Flights to Denpasar
- Flights »
- New Zealand:
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.