Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Cambridge
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|December||Cheapest month to stay with an average 60% drop in price.|
|April||Most expensive month to stay with an average 31% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$561||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$383||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Cambridge hotel
- The best neighborhood in Cambridge for tourists is Harvard Square. There is a good choice of hotels in Cambridge located close to the main attractions. Stay at Harvard Square Hotel located close to Harvard University and John F. Kennedy Park on the Charles River, which is perfect for sightseeing. Sheraton Commander Hotel is also close by and overlooks Cambridge Common Park, as well as being half a mile from the Harvard Museum of Natural History.
- If you are looking to shop on your visit to Cambridge, you should look for hotels in East Cambridge. Kimpton Marlowe Hotel is conveniently located near the CambridgeSide shopping mall, which has over 100 stores and restaurants and is close to the CambridgeSide Galleria. Less than a mile up Cambridge Street is another shopping outlet, Twin City Plaza. The nearest hotel to this outdoor mall is Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston.
- When you are looking for hotels in downtown Cambridge you should try to stay near Harvard Yard, at the heart of the city. Centrally located hotels in this area include 4-star The Charles Hotel, which boasts a jazz club and several restaurants and old New England themed Hotel Veritas with 3-stars.
- Rich in cultural attractions, Cambridge is home to a variety of museums, with the majority located close to Harvard University. Within its grounds, the Harvard Art Museums is comprised of three museums: the Fogg Museum, the Arthur M. Sackler Museum and the Busch-Reisinger Museum, as well as four research centers. Look at booking hotels in Harvard Square, like A Friendly Inn at Harvard Square, which is only a two-minute walk away.
- For cheap hotels in Cambridge, you should plan to visit in late summer when the average temperature is 73 °F and the tourist crowds are less. Avoid staying in the center of Cambridge and opt for south of the river, near Fenway Park, like the Best Western Cambridge University Hotel, which is just 3 miles outside of Cambridge.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Cambridge
Are hotels in Cambridge safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Cambridge?
Where is the best place to stay in Cambridge to use public transit?
Which are the best hotels in Cambridge with swimming pools?
Are there any family-friendly hotels in Cambridge?
Which part of Cambridge has the most history?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Cambridge?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Cambridge by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Cambridge hotels
Go to map