Fayetteville car hire information
Fayetteville car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Fayetteville
When to book a hire car in Fayetteville
Top tips for renting a car in Fayetteville
- Enjoy some Southern Charm and a step back in time with a visit to Fayetteville. Tour a number of museums or make a visit to a local farm, park, or winery. Along with having the freedom to visit attractions at your leisure, with a hire car you can also visit nearby cities like Charlotte, Durham, or Raleigh (the capital city of North Carolina).
- The airport in Fayetteville offers direct flights to and from many cities, including Washington, D.C. and Atlanta. When you arrive at the airport you will have immediate access to numerous hire companies. Located in the airport terminal, you’ll have the opportunity to rent a car from Avis, Thrifty, or Alamo, among others.
- The city of Fayetteville has a program called “The Red Light Camera Program.” At certain intersections, there are cameras placed on red lights to catch those who don’t stop or drive recklessly; so be cautious. Also, if you are driving to Durham, you might need to hop on the Triangle Parkway (or Durham Freeway). This is a toll road so you’ll want to have change available.
- Morning rush hour fluctuates from about 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. It can be similar in the evening, with traffic congestion starting at about 3:30 p.m. and continuing through 6 pm. A military town, there can also be sudden traffic jams when there is a deployment or training scheduled. Some of the busiest streets include Hope Mills, Ramsey Street, Hay Street, and Skibo Road. Avoid traveling on these roads during commuting hours.
- Book your rental car in Fayetteville at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Fayetteville
What is the best rental car company in Fayetteville?
How can I find car rentals near me in Fayetteville?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Fayetteville?
Fayetteville is a military town with high quality infrastructure. Therefore you can drive pretty much any car in this city that you prefer. Choose a car that comfortably seats your entire family. Because petrol is reasonably priced, you might also want to consider a larger or luxury vehicle.
What's the speed limit in Fayetteville?
When driving around the city you’ll typically be required to stay under 30 mph. However, if you are on a city freeway, you can travel at speeds of up to 55 mph. When traveling to Raleigh or Durham on the main highway, the normal speed limit is 70 mph.
How are gas prices in Fayetteville?
The price of petrol in Fayetteville is very affordable. You’ll pay less than $2.00 for a gallon of regular petrol when filling up your hire car. Mid-grade petrol will cost you a little more, but it is still lower than the average cost of regular petrol in other states.
Where are the best places to park in Fayetteville?
Just outside of the downtown area (on Maiden Lane and near the Amtrak Train Station) there are a few free parking lots. If you don’t want to walk to your destination but want free parking, there are a few street parking spaces in the heart of downtown. Note that most of these, however, only allow you to park for 2-3 hours. So, if you think you’ll be longer, consider paying to park in the lot near the library or leaving your hire car at the parking deck on Franklin Street.