Brooklyn car hire information
Brooklyn car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Brooklyn
Good to know
|Most popular car type||Economy|
When to book a hire car in Brooklyn
Top tips for renting a car in Brooklyn
- Looking to pick up a hire car for your time in Brooklyn? If you are landing at JFK International Airport, the hire car counters are on the Arrivals level in each terminal. At LaGuardia Airport, shuttles are available in front of Terminal A to take passengers to the hire car center. As for Newark Airport, travelers will find hire car counters at Stations P2 and P3 on the AirTrain.
- Nothing screams New York like rush hour. And while Brooklyn may not experience as severe of traffic as Manhattan, it still retains a spot on the list of worst rush hours. In general, morning rush hour goes from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., while the evening rush hour picks up around 4:00 p.m. and lasts till 7:00 p.m. Drivers should note that the roads neighboring the Brooklyn Bridge are, in particular, some of the worst areas affected by rush hour traffic.
- Brooklyn is one of the most populated areas in New York and it is especially popular for younger demographics. As a consequence of this, biking is a very prominent mode of transportation in the borough. Drivers should make sure that they keep their eyes open for any bikers on the road, particularly when parking and opening their doors.
- Love to visit obscure and off-the-beaten-path spots and locales? The best way to get to spots like that in Brooklyn is undoubtedly with a car. For instance, Red Hook, Canarsie Park, and Manhattan Beach are just some of the areas in Brooklyn that are easily reached by car but can be a laborious process to get to otherwise.
- Book your rental car in Brooklyn at least 5 weeks before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Brooklyn
What is the most popular rental car in Brooklyn?
Economy (Chevrolet Spark or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Brooklyn.
What is the best rental car company in Brooklyn?
How can I find car rentals near me in Brooklyn?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Brooklyn?
A Economy car rental in Brooklyn costs $90 per day, on average.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Brooklyn?
Compact cars are the best choice for most vacationers visiting Brooklyn, particularly if you plan on exploring the roads yourself. One-way streets and narrow alleys are typical in Brooklyn and are difficult to navigate in a large vehicle. Streetside parking is also very difficult to find in the most popular parts of Brooklyn, so it pays to have a smaller vehicle that can fit in any spot available.
What's the speed limit in Brooklyn?
For the most part, the speed limit in Brooklyn is 25 mph, as that is the baseline speed limit in all of NYC unless signage says otherwise. However, drivers will see the occasional speed limits of 35, 45, and 50 mph depending on the size of the road. In the densest areas, the speed limit will occasionally be 20 mph.
How are gas prices in Brooklyn?
Drivers can expect to pay around $2.60 per gallon of petrol in Brooklyn. This is a fairly moderate price and is neither as cheap as Texas, where drivers will see an average price of $2 per gallon in cities like Houston and San Antonio, nor as expensive as San Diego, where prices are around $3.20 per gallon.
Where are the best places to park in Brooklyn?
Parking in Brooklyn, while not as expensive as it is in neighboring Manhattan, can cost a pretty penny and at times can be difficult to find. In general, it pays to stick to garage parking, as that is the most readily available option in Brooklyn. Streetside parallel parking is also available, but at variable rates, and it is largely dependent on the popularity of the immediate area. On a positive note, though, streetside parking is almost always free for everybody unless specific signage says otherwise or meters are present.