Rapid City hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Rapid City
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$97|
|Average price (weekend night):||$128|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Rapid City cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Rapid City hotel
- Traveling on a budget? To accommodate thrifty travelers, Rapid City has plenty of options for those looking to save money while seeing the sights. The Grand Gateway Hotel, The Foothills Inn and the AmericInn by Wyndham Rapid City provide budget travelers with some of the most affordable rooms in the area.
- If you, like many other travelers, have come to Rapid City to visit Mount Rushmore, it can be advantageous to book a hotel located on the South Side of Rapid City. Hotels like the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rapid City and the Sweetgrass Inn B&B put you at the closest entry points to Mount Rushmore and the surrounding areas.
- For those looking to stick closer to the downtown area, there are several hotels in Rapid City to accommodate you in that area as well. Downtown hotels, including the Rushmore Hotel and Suites, the Days Inn by Wyndham West Rapid City and the Hotel Alex Johnson Rapid City, put you close to the action of central Rapid City.
- Visiting Rapid City with a group? There are plenty of suites available in Rapid City so that you and your party can stay together and enjoy your time in the area. The Rushmore Hotel and Suites, as well as the Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Rapid City can accommodate groups up to four.
- If being pampered is at the top of your to-do list during your time in Rapid City, you’ll likely be looking for a hotel that has an onsite spa. Some of your options for hotels with spas in the area are the Best Western Ramkota Hotel, the Cambria Hotel Rapid City and the Grand Gateway Hotel.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Rapid City
Which hotels are closest to the Rapid City Airport?
If you’re flying into Rapid City via the local regional airport and would prefer to stick close to your gate, there are several airport-adjacent accommodations, many of which offer free shuttles. The Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Rapid City, the MainStay Suites and many other hotels in Rapid City come complete with shuttles to your terminal.
Do any hotels in Rapid City have a pool?
Pools have become an essential amenity for a large number of travelers and Rapid City has several hotels that feature onsite pools to accommodate them. The Best Western Ramkota Hotel has one of the most popular pools in the area, complete with its own miniature water park, which features two water slides and a pirate ship.
Which Rapid City hotels have a fitness center?
If staying in shape is on your agenda when you come to Rapid City, there are several hotels in the Rapid City area that have fully-equipped fitness centers so you can get a workout in before or after you see the sights. The Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza has one of the best fitness centers in the area, complete with free weights, ellipticals, medicine balls and more.
Are there any hotels in Rapid City that are convenient to hiking?
Aside from Mount Rushmore, many people come to Rapid City for hiking in the nearby Black Hills National Forest. The forest is located just west of Rapid City, and choosing hotels on that edge of town will give you a convenient launch point. Hotels in western Rapid City include the Holiday Inn Rapid City and the Rushmore Hotel and Suites.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.