Kansas City car hire information
|Pick-up location||Kansas City|
Kansas City car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Kansas City
Good to know
|Most popular car type||Premium|
When to book a hire car in Kansas City
Top tips for renting a car in Kansas City
- Kansas City, like most cities in the U.S., depends highly on car transportation. There simply is no more efficient or better way to get around town, whether you plan on catching a Kansas City Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium or you are just going out to eat.
- Looking to pick up a hire car for your time in Kansas City? Travelers with flights landing at Kansas City International Airport can take the hire car shuttle from the airport terminals to the hire car center, where they will find numerous hire car companies.
- Though Kansas City is not that far north, it still experiences some pretty harsh winters. Snow and ice can quickly blanket roads, and drivers should be prepared for wintery weather if they visit in the colder months of the year. Drivers not confident in their ability to handle the snow should make sure to drive extra carefully and to check the weather regularly so they aren’t caught out in a storm.
- Nobody likes to be stuck in rush hour and, with a bit of preparation, nobody has to be. In Kansas City the morning rush hour goes from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and then picks back up again in the afternoon at around 3:30 p.m. and goes until 7:00 p.m. throughout much of the metropolitan area. Some of the streets to avoid during rush hour include I-35, the southern portion of I-435 and I-70. The worst streets are all highways primarily because of the high volume of commuters going into and out of the city for work.
- Book your rental car in Kansas City at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Premium rental cars in Kansas City are around 5% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs about hiring a car in Kansas City
What is the most popular rental car in Kansas City?
Premium (Ford Transit or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Kansas City.
What is the best rental car company in Kansas City?
How can I find car rentals near me in Kansas City?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Premium car rental cost in Kansas City?
A Premium car rental in Kansas City costs $187 per day, on average.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Kansas City?
A Compact car rental in Kansas City costs $197 per day, on average.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Kansas City?
Large cars such as trucks and SUVs are some of the most popular cars in Kansas City and visitors may want to keep that in mind when choosing a hire vehicle. However, smaller vehicles are also very popular, so your choice of vehicle is truly your own prerogative. Finding parking is also a non-issue for even the largest of vehicles as the city’s parking spaces are large and plentiful.
What's the speed limit in Kansas City?
Kansas City sees a range of speed limits from 30 mph to 55 mph on its roads, with speed limits largely determined by the size of the road and whether or not it is in a residential area. Outside of the city, speed limits on highways and interstates are usually 70 mph with the occasional increase to 75 mph.
How are gas prices in Kansas City?
Drivers will be happy to hear that Kansas City has some of the cheapest petrol in the U.S.A. On average, drivers can expect to pay a mere $2.00 per gallon, which is about as cheap as it gets in the U.S.
Where are the best places to park in Kansas City?
If you are in the central downtown area, parking garages are probably the most convenient option. The parking garages are plentiful and easy to find all over the city and are often quite cheap as well. If you are in the peripheral areas though, you may find streetside parking to be more convenient, as spots are readily available there.