Dallas car hire information
Dallas car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Dallas
When to book a hire car in Dallas
Top tips for renting a car in Dallas
- Undeniably, driving is the most convenient way to get around Dallas, as it simply is a car city. For instance, if you plan on heading to AT&T Stadium to see the Dallas Cowboys play or to Globe Life Park in Arlington to see the Texas Rangers, then driving is your best bet as public transport from Dallas to the stadiums is very limited
- Need to pick up your hire car after landing at DFW Airport? Fortunately for travelers, the hire Car Center is just by the south entrance to the airport and is accessible via a 24/7 shuttle bus that can be found on the lower level of the terminal. As for Dallas Love Field Airport, the hire car desks are within the terminal and there is a shuttle bus that will take you to the hire car lots.
- Many intersections in Dallas and all over Texas feature red light cameras, which record traffic as it passes through. That means you are liable for a fine if you drive through a red light even if the police don’t catch you, as the lights will record your license plate number.
- Though Dallas, and Texas in general, features some of the larger and more impressive highway networks in the U.S., it still falls victim to rush hour. Rush hour in Dallas normally goes from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Some of the major areas to avoid during rush hour include Highway 66 and the Dallas North Tollway.
- Book your rental car in Dallas at least 3 days before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Dallas
What is the cheapest car rental company in Dallas?
What is the best rental car company in Dallas?
What is the cheapest car hire location in Dallas?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at Sixt 2424 East 38th Street 75261-9428 (25 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Dallas?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Dallas?
Large vehicles reign supreme in Texas, and Dallas is no exception to that rule. Many drivers may find it more comfortable to rent a larger vehicle such as an SUV during their time in the Lone Star State. Since you may be spending a large amount of time on the road, families may want to opt for larger vehicles because of the extra room.
What's the speed limit in Dallas?
Drivers will see a range of speed limits in Dallas. In general, neighborhood speed limits go from 10 - 30 mph, regular streets will range from 30 - 45 mph and highways will go from 55 - 70 mph. However, on some of the larger highways, drivers may see speed limits up to 75 and 80 mph.
How are gas prices in Dallas?
hire car drivers with large vehicles will be happy to hear that petrol prices in Dallas are among the lowest in the nation for a large city. The average price is a mere $2 per gallon, which is much cheaper than what is seen in other cities in the U.S.
Where are the best places to park in Dallas?
Dallas features ample streetside and garage parking options throughout the downtown area. For streetside parking, meters run from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and have a maximum stay of 2 - 4 hours. In general, parking is widely and readily available, but when there is an event, such as a Dallas Mavericks game, spots may become limited.