Sanford car hire information
Sanford car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Sanford
When to book a hire car in Sanford
Top tips for renting a car in Sanford
- Explore every nook and cranny of Sanford with your own four wheels by opting for a hire car upon your arrival. The city has an abundance of attractions dotted all around, and getting to them is most convenient with a car. Discover the secrets of the Botanical Garden at the very rim of the northwestern edge of the city, or drive down to Lake Jesup and be amazed by the breathtaking scenic views.
- After landing in the city, reach your accommodation or next destination quickly with your hire car. The airport sports various agencies, including Alamo, Avis, and Hertz. These on-site agencies can be found easily by following the signs from the terminal to each hire desk.
- Florida is a state with many toll roads, and it is advisable to get the SunPass sticker in advance, where the transponder is linked to your credit card and you can simply pass through the tolls without having to stop at each and every one. Most hire cars in Sanford already have such a sticker included, so check that before picking up or booking a car.
- Rush hours can also hit Sanford, especially between 6:30 and 9:30 am and 5-7 pm in the afternoon. During this time, the roads can get clogged up with commuters, and the I-4 in particular should be avoided, so take toll roads instead -- they will be more expensive but less congested, and with a SunPass sticker it is no hassle to go through them.
- Book your rental car in Sanford at least 5 days before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Sanford
What is the best rental car company in Sanford?
How can I find car rentals near me in Sanford?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Sanford?
When driving mainly inside the city, an economy car is a great choice, as it fits into almost any parking spot, costs less per week, and does not use as much gas. When venturing out into the countryside as well, an SUV or minivan provide the necessary road grip and additional space. For the ultimate Florida sunshine experience, travelers may want to opt for a convertible.
What's the speed limit in Sanford?
Inside the city, unless otherwise indicated, 30 mph is usually permitted, with 20 mph in school or pedestrian zones. On rural interstates and highways, 70 mph is allowed, but bear in mind that these speed limits are only when weather and road conditions are good. Always adjust your speed to the conditions.
How are gas prices in Sanford?
Travelers visiting Sanford should expect an average petrol price of $2.30 per gallon, but when refilling the tank at petrol stations like Sam’s Club or Mobil, prices can drop to $2.10. Credit cards are accepted everywhere, and make sure to check which exact type of petrol your hire car needs.
Where are the best places to park in Sanford?
There are various parking opportunities in Sanford, including metered street parking, parking lots, or garages. In downtown, there are some parking houses around Commercial Street or Magnolia Avenue, and there are also parking lots further out of the city, such as 201 North Towne Road Parking or 308 West 1st Street Parking next to Lake Monroe.