Myrtle Beach car hire information
|Pick-up location||Myrtle Beach|
Myrtle Beach car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Myrtle Beach
When to book a hire car in Myrtle Beach
Top tips for renting a car in Myrtle Beach
- Looking to pick up a hire car after landing in Myrtle Beach? For travelers with flights to Myrtle Beach International Airport, you will find the hire car desks in the lobby of the main terminal, while the hire car lots are just adjacent to the airport.
- Rainy season lasts from June to November, so drivers unused to strong rainstorms may want to be cautious if they are on the road during a storm. In general, the weather is not too much of a problem, but there is the occasional tropical storm that does come through. During such storms, it is best to wait out the weather because hydroplaning can be a worry.
- Want to make the most out of your time in Myrtle Beach? Then make sure to rent a car. Myrtle Beach, like many cities in the U.S., was designed with cars in mind. While there is a trolley in the city, if you plan on visiting anything outside of the downtown core, you will need a vehicle. For instance, if you plan on taking a trip to some of the neighboring beaches like North Myrtle Beach, it is just a simple drive away -- assuming you’ve rented a car.
- Myrtle Beach, though not the largest of cities, certainly has its fair share of traffic woes. Luckily for drivers, these traffic problems are largely confined to two primary rush hours in the morning and afternoon: from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. During those hours, the 501 in particular can become backed up and congested, as it runs through the center of Myrtle Beach and is one of the major outlets of the city.
- Book your rental car in Myrtle Beach at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Myrtle Beach
What is the best rental car company in Myrtle Beach?
How can I find car rentals near me in Myrtle Beach?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Myrtle Beach?
Myrtle Beach, like many towns and cities in the United States, is truly suitable for a wide range of vehicles. Whether you prefer large trucks and SUVs or sedans and compacts, both are perfectly appropriate in Myrtle Beach. Drivers will find the parking spaces in the downtown area to be spacious and appropriate for all vehicles as well.
What's the speed limit in Myrtle Beach?
In Myrtle Beach speed limits range from 25 mph to 55 mph on regular roads and up to 70 mph on interstates. For most of the urban area however, you can expect speeds of 25-30 mph in the downtown core and speeds of around 40 mph on the main arteries of the city. The 55 mph limits are mostly seen on two-lane county roads and streets leading to the peripheral areas of the city.
How are gas prices in Myrtle Beach?
In comparison to many other cities in the U.S., Myrtle Beach has fairly cheap gas. The cost per gallon is a mere $2.10, which, compared to Salt Lake City’s average petrol cost of $2.75 per gallon and Boston’s $2.50, puts it right in the lower range of petrol prices in the U.S. In fact, the average cost is just a few cents more than Dallas’ average cost of $2 per gallon, which is one of the lowest averages in the nation.
Where are the best places to park in Myrtle Beach?
Parking is a breeze in Myrtle Beach as streetside parking and parking garages are highly available throughout the city. Parking is cheap as well, with most parking costing only a dollar or two per hour.