Irvine car rentals
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for car rental deals in Irvine
Irvine car rental information
Irvine car hire reviews and directory
|Monday||07:30 - 18:00|
|Tuesday||07:30 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||07:30 - 18:00|
|Thursday||07:30 - 18:00|
|Friday||07:30 - 18:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 12:00|
|Monday||08:00 - 18:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 18:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 18:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 18:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 14:00|
|Sunday||00:00 - 00:00|
Car rental locations in or near Irvine
When to book a rental car in Irvine
Top tips for renting a car in Irvine
- From the Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park in the northeast to the coast line in the south, Irvine has a lot to discover -- and why not pick the most convenient and flexible way to do so by choosing a car? Be at Laguna Beach in less than twenty minutes, or pack up the kids and drive to Disney World in Anaheim -- it is only a 20-minute car ride via the I-5 N. Also remember that California is a car-obsessed state and almost everybody owns one, so embrace the West Coast culture and drive along.
- The closest airport to Irvine is John Wayne Airport in Orange County, which is about 4 miles away and only an 8-minute drive from Irvine’s center. The airport boasts its own hire car center with on-site agencies like Hertz, Alamo, and Enterprise. The center is located between terminal A and B on the arrivals level, close to the statue of the eponymous John Wayne.
- Driving in Irvine is not much different than driving in many other US cities, but bear in mind that Californian drivers have a reputation to not adhere to passing in the left lane and simply choose a lane of their taste. Also, when changing lanes the blinkers are often not used, so always stay alert and don’t be surprised when someone cuts into your lane without indicating beforehand.
- With most Californians owning a car, rush hours in Irvine can mean a fair amount of congestion and waiting times. Try to avoid the morning peak times between approximately 7:30 and 9am and 5 and 7pm. On weekends, there can also be heavy traffic, especially from Anaheim, mostly between 4-7pm when people return from family trips.
- Book your rental car in Irvine at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about renting a car in Irvine
What is the best rental car company in Irvine?
Which car hire agencies are at the airport: Los Angeles airport (LAX)?
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Los Angeles airport (LAX)?
How can I find car rentals near me in Irvine?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Irvine?
The SUV is still the king of the cars in California, and there is a good reason why. The weather in the state can throw everything at drivers, from blithering sunlight, to torrential rains, even to snow, and an SUV can handle all of the above with ease. It is also not too bulky and still a comfortable car to drive in the city as well.
What's the speed limit in Irvine?
When driving close to school or pedestrian zones as well as residential areas, the speed limit is 25 mph. On highways, speed limits are clearly marked on the right-hand side and are usually between 65 and 70 mph. Always adapt your speed to the road and weather conditions and slow down if the traffic requires it.
How are gas prices in Irvine?
Petrol prices in Irvine are fairly high compared to other US cities, averaging in at around $3.50 per gallon. Try to find petrol stations like Costco or Mobil which usually offer lower rates at around $3.15 to save some petrol money. Petrolprices tend to be cheaper altogether between 8 and 10am, before the stations raise their prices.
Where are the best places to park in Irvine?
Parking in red zones in Irvine is prohibited, so always check the signs and curb before parking the car. On-street parking is metered and can vary in time restrictions and prices, so always read the designated sign. Usually Sundays and public holidays are free. Alternatively, there are parking garages like Ace Parking or Irvine Towers where cars can also be parked over a longer period of time.