Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Birmingham
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$180|
|Average price (weekend night):||$232|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Birmingham cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Birmingham hotel
- Downtown is home to most of Birmingham’s architectural and historical wonders. Stay in the historic Tutwiler, Birmingham’s oldest hotel or the equally iconic Redmont, located a block apart. From here the Linn Park is only a short walk away and features many Civil Rights statues and if you want more history, the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute is an 11-minute walk away. Ten minutes’ walk from the hotel is the McWane Science Center, down 19th Street N.
- Budget conscientious travelers can find plenty of free attractions to visit in Birmingham, like the Birmingham Museum of Art and Birmingham Botanical Gardens. If you’re looking for cheap hotels in Birmingham, then the Hoover area has accommodation available, including Embassy Suites.
- For great public transit access, travelers should stay in Birmingham’s downtown business district and make use of the Metro Area Express trolley and bus services. Offering routes to most of the tourist attractions, the buses and historical trolleys are an enjoyable way to experience the city. One of the best hotels in downtown Birmingham, which is close to a metro station, is the Residence Inn.
- If you are flying into Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport, you will find a good choice of hotels in Birmingham airport, both on-site and suitable for any budget. Both the Ramada by Wyndham and the Holiday Inn offer complimentary airport shuttles and are only four miles from downtown Birmingham.
- From the top of Birmingham’s famous landmark, at Vulcan Park & Museum, visitors will get a spectacular view of the city. Tickets are around $4 and the best time of day to visit is around 7 pm to catch the sunset. Further out of the city is Hawk’s View Overlook, a 15-minute drive away. Here hikers will get a great view of the city. Hotel Indigo is a good place to stay as it is 1.5 miles from the park.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Birmingham
Which are the most popular neighborhoods to stay in Birmingham?
A popular place to stay for clubbers is the trendy Five Points South because of its colorful nightlife scene. Start the night off at one of the many buzzing restaurants and move on to the busy 3000 Bar, finishing off at Bacchus Bar and Danced Club. Stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton to be at the center of the action.
Where is the best place to stay in Birmingham with children?
The most child-friendly area in Birmingham is near English Village with both the Birmingham Zoo and Birmingham Botanical Gardens to entertain the kids within walking distance. Family-friendly hotels in Birmingham include Hampton Inn and SpringHill Suites by Marriott.
Which hotels in Birmingham offer the most luxury?
If you are looking for fancy hotels in Birmingham, the stylish Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa offers guests an 18 hole golf course and use of the Spa at Ross Bridge, along with views of the Alabama Hills. Art-lovers will enjoy their stay at The Grand Bohemian Hotel in Mountain Brook. The hotel boats a wine tasting and bleeding class, cooking school, billiards room, The Poseidon Spa and the Grand Bohemian Art Gallery.
What are the best hotels for business travelers in Birmingham?
Downtown Birmingham is where you will find the city’s business district. There are many hotels in the area that cater for those who are traveling for work. The Courtyard by Marriott offers business travelers ergonomic workstations, complimentary Wi-Fi in the bedrooms, as well as a business center and meeting rooms. (Price checked: 03/15/2019).
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.