Little Rock car hire information
|Pick-up location||Little Rock|
Little Rock car hire reviews and directory
Car Rental Locations in or near Little Rock
When to book a hire car in Little Rock
Top tips for renting a car in Little Rock
- When you visit Little Rock, the state capital of Arkansas, rather than waste time using the public transport, rent a car to experience all the city has to offer. With the freedom a car brings, you’ll have plenty of time to visit Little Rock’s attractions like Julius Breckling Riverfront Park and the Old State House Museum.
- Planning to rent a car on your trip to Little Rock? If you are flying into Clinton National Airport, you will arrive at the airport’s only terminal. Once you land, you will find the car hire desks next to baggage claim in the Arrivals Hall.
- As a new driver in Little Rock, you need to take care when driving through urban or residential areas and stop at crosswalks before continuing to drive. Across Arkansas, it is also the law to wait behind school buses while they load and unload children.
- Little Rock’s morning rush hour usually starts at 7:15 am and goes until 8:15 am. It’s best to avoid driving across the river into the city center during these times. The evening rush begins at 4:15 pm and ends around 5:15 pm. During both rush hours, bottlenecks occur on the river bridges, so it’s best to stay away from these areas.
- Book your rental car in Little Rock at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Little Rock
What is the best rental car company in Little Rock?
How can I find car rentals near me in Little Rock?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Little Rock?
As Arkansas is “the Natural State,” you’ll want to explore Little Rock and the rugged Ozarks further afield, therefore a medium to large car would be ideal for your road trip. The wide interstates that lead in and out of Little Rock allow you to rent a full-size or SUV vehicle and would also suit the rural roads found further outside of the city.
What's the speed limit in Little Rock?
In Little Rock’s urban districts, the speed limit is 30 mph, but if you drive near a school, the limit is reduced to 25 mph. Outside of urban areas, two-lane state and federal highways have a speed limit of 55 mph. For two-lane county roads, the speed limit is 45 mph. When driving along rural freeways, the speed limit is 70 mph, while suburban freeways and highways are limited to 65 mph.
How are gas prices in Little Rock?
Petrol prices in Arkansas are some of the lowest across the US. A gallon of fuel costs on average $1.99 in Arkansas, whereas the national average is $3.06 per gallon. When you fill up your tank in Little Rock, you can expect to pay around $1.82 for a gallon of gas.
Where are the best places to park in Little Rock?
If you want to be central, the best place to park is in downtown Little Rock. A wealth of metered parking is available on most streets, costing around a $1.00 an hour. Parking is free on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as certain public holidays. You will also find free parking spaces at Second and Commerce, close to the I-30 off ramp. The Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau Parking is a big parking lot that charges $3.00 for two hours.