Grand Junction car hire information
|Pick-up location||Grand Junction|
Grand Junction car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Grand Junction
When to book a hire car in Grand Junction
Top tips for renting a car in Grand Junction
- Nestled amidst various huge national parks, Grand Junction is the perfect base for nature lovers and hiking enthusiasts who want to make the most of the surrounding environment. The best and easiest way to reach these remote gems of nature is by car, so rent your own four wheels for your time in Grand Junction.
- Grand Junction Regional Airport lies 5 miles north of the city center and hosts several internationally renowned car hire agencies on site. Simply follow the signs from the terminal to the hire service desks and start your time in Grand Junction in comfort. Via Horizon Drive, travelers can be in the heart of the city in less than 15 minutes.
- Grand Junction is famous for the breathtaking scenery and surrounding mountains. Visitors should prepare for driving around in the mountainous region and expect to face any possible weather conditions. Whether rain, snow, sleet, or wet leaves, there is much that can make winding mountain roads slippery and treacherous. Therefore, it is important to adjust your speed and drive attentively and carefully.
- In winter and summer, tourists can clog up the city to make the most of the natural surroundings, which can increase traffic in Grand Junction. Spring and autumn are the least busy times to visit, and is also when the weather is the most temperate. Usual rush hours at 7-9 am and 5-8 pm also apply on weekdays, and it is recommended to avoid leaving for a destination during peak driving times.
- Book your rental car in Grand Junction at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Grand Junction
What is the best rental car company in Grand Junction?
How can I find car rentals near me in Grand Junction?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Grand Junction?
With the Colorado weather flinging everything at drivers, a 4-wheel-drive car is certainly a good choice to make when renting a vehicle in Grand Junction. It provides a smooth driving experience and sufficient traction that is required when climbing steep roads.
What's the speed limit in Grand Junction?
Speed limit signs are posted on the right-hand side in Grand Junction and the entire state of Colorado. If there is no sign posted, the general regulations dictate a maximum speed limit of 25 mph in the city, 65 mph on rural roads, and up to 75 mph on freeways. When driving on winding mountain roads, the maximum speed limit is usually 25 mph as well.
How are gas prices in Grand Junction?
Grand Junction is the perfect base for road trips and exploring the mountains by car, so it is convenient for drivers that the average price for a gallon of petrol is only $2.40 in and around the city. Travelers who leave Grand Junction to venture out into the mountains should refill the tank beforehand so there is no risk of running out of gas.
Where are the best places to park in Grand Junction?
Short-term, metered on-street parking is available throughout the center of Grand Junction and costs about $0.25 per hour. Long-term metered parking (up to ten hours) only costs around $0.10 per hour. There is also a parking garage on Rood Avenue and a parking lot between 4th and 5th Street. Parking on Main Street is free but can be hard to find.