Dubai car hire information
|Car types||4x4, Compact, Convertible, Economy, Full-size, Intermediate, Luxury, Mini, Premium, Standard, Van|
|Popular agencies||Europcar, Dollar, Budget, Thrifty, Cargets rent a car|
Cheap Car Hire in Dubai
Dubai car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Dubai
Good to know
|Most popular car type||Economy|
When to book a hire car in Dubai
Top tips for renting a car in Dubai
- Excited to hit the road after landing in Dubai? Fortunately for visitors looking to rent a vehicle, hire car centers are located in the lobbies of all three terminals of Dubai International Airport. So, no matter if you are landing in Terminal 1, 2, or 3, you can quickly pick up a car and be out of the airport in no time.
- When driving on the highways, drivers should keep their eyes open for the United Arab Emirates’ somewhat unique road hazards, including camels and goats. Similar to deer and other wildlife in the United States, goats and camels will often wander onto the more remote roads in the UAE. They are not daily visitors, but they do make frequent appearances, so it pays to be cautious especially on empty roads.
- Driving is very popular in Dubai and, unfortunately, that means rush hour can be quite severe. The typical morning rush hour goes from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and in the evening from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Along with the standard Monday through Friday rush hour traffic, Sundays are also included on the list of rush hour traffic days as many commuters are returning to the city for work.
- An advantage to renting a car while you are in Dubai is that you are no longer stuck in the city. The United Arab Emirates has plenty to offer aside from Dubai and with a car it is as simple as a quick drive to reach neighboring emirates such as Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, where you will find the King Faisal Mosque and Saadiyat Island, respectively.
- Book your rental car in Dubai at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Dubai
What is the most popular rental car in Dubai?
Economy (Hyundai Accent or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Dubai.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Dubai?
What is the best rental car company in Dubai?
What is the cheapest car hire location in Dubai?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at Budget Arrivals Hall Terminal 3 null (10 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Dubai?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Dubai?
A Economy car rental in Dubai costs $36 per day, on average.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Dubai?
If you want to fit in, a luxury sports car is certainly the best hire option for Dubai. However, if you are just looking to get around, then you really have your pick of the litter as the streets and roads in Dubai will fit vehicles of all sizes. Petrol is also affordable, so even a petrol guzzler will do alright on the streets of Dubai.
What's the speed limit in Dubai?
Speed junkies will rejoice to hear that Dubai has some of the fastest highways in the world with the freeways going all the way up to 140 km/h (86 mph). Aside from those roads however, the standard range of speeds is 40 km/h (25 mph) to 60 km/h (37 mph) on residential roads and 100 km/h (62 mph) on rural roads.
How are gas prices in Dubai?
It may come as a surprise to most visitors, but petrol prices on average in Dubai are actually no cheaper than the typical prices seen in the United States. On average, petrol prices in Dubai sit around Dh2.50 ($0.68) per liter. In gallons, that is the equivalent of Dh9.46 ($2.58) per gallon.
Where are the best places to park in Dubai?
Parking is widely available in Dubai and visitors should have no problem finding a free spot no matter where they go. Travelers should note that parking fees are broken down into a number of categories. The three primary categories are commercial, non-commercial, and special areas; amongst those, commercial and non-commercial split into a further two separate zones that charge different rates. The exact tariffs will be posted on signage by the parking lots, but it pays to know in advance that fees are not uniform across the city.