Good to know
|Distance to city centre||1.3 km|
|Nearest airport||Sydney Kingsford Smith|
|Distance to airport||8.7 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|air conditioner||in 38 reviews|
|bathroom too small||in 65 reviews|
|circular quay||in 35 reviews|
|close to train||in 10 reviews|
|flights of stairs||in 172 reviews|
|fourth floor||in 60 reviews|
|great location||in 370 reviews|
|hard as a rock||in 15 reviews|
|hard bed||in 105 reviews|
|heavy luggage||in 13 reviews|
|lift and our room||in 163 reviews|
|lots of stairs and no lift||in 89 reviews|
|opera house||in 19 reviews|
|room was clean||in 180 reviews|
|sydney cbd||in 37 reviews|
|walk to circular||in 5 reviews|
|wynyard station||in 74 reviews|
• The sheets seemed to have been washed. • The towels were clean. • The bathroom looked to have been recently renovated. • Conveniently located to Martin Place. • Right next to a taxi rank if you need to get to anywhere else in the city.
• Dirty premises. • Rude staff. • Common areas had doors hanging off/held on with ribbons or tape. • Faded, printed signage saying things were out of order. • Smelled of strong food odours, even at 6:30am. • Very run down. • Don’t stay here if you can’t handle relatively steep stairs. • Room smelled very strongly of damp mould and was trying to be masked by strong air fresheners. • Carpet was stained and filthy, I walked around barefoot for about half an hour and my feet needed another wash. • I could hear all the noises of the other occupants. • Most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on, as hard as sleeping on the floor but with added lumps and springs everywhere, and the ‘double’ was two singles pushed together (not uncommon) but the edges of the mattresses were just as hard and lumpy as the rest of the bed. It felt like there was a metal rod running up the middle of the bed. • Bathroom was obviously an addition at a later date and was very cramped. I managed fine but someone larger than me would have trouble. • Even though my stay was meant to be a ‘pay at property’ stay they tried charging my card twice before the day of my stay (business holding card so I just received alerts about unauthorised charges). • This property charged me $170 and was meant to be a 3.5 star stay. I’ve stayed in multiple much better 2 star locations than this. I would suggest that a suitable charge per night for this location would be $50.
Great location. Checking in was easy. Reception staff were friendly
The room was very noisy
In a good central position .
They've had my $100 rubbish security deposit for 2 weeks so far ... when will it be credited back to my card ??? Run by amateurs ....
They were friendly.
The check-in. We were tired. My partner had a broken toe. Our room wasn't ready.
Good central location.
Would be difficult for those who had large amounts of luggage or are elderly as there are 4 flights of stairs if you are on the top floor. No lifts.
Get rested with cozy accommodations, enjoy friendly service, and a discover a convenient location in the heart of downtown at our Comfort hotel in Sydney, Australia. Amenities include free WiFi, free coffee, 24 hour first aid staff and guest laundry. Guest rooms feature air conditioner, refrigerator, desk and more. Our Sydney Comfort hotel is just 15 minutes by car or train from the Sydney Airport, and just a 2 minute walk to Wynyard Train Station. Find popular attractions nearby, like the International Convention Center, Sydney Opera House, Royal Botanic Gardens, Museum of Sydney, Hyde Park, and Sydney Observatory. Complete your Australia vacation plans by booking a room at our hotel in Sydney. You can also earn rewards, including free nights and gift cards, with our Choice Privileges Rewards program.
based on 987 reviews
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Comfort Hotel Sydney City
Most popular landmarks
- Pitt Street Mall 0.5 km
- Sydney Tower 0.5 km
- Circular Quay 0.6 km
- Museum of Contemporary Art 0.6 km
- Queen Victoria Building 0.7 km
- St Mary's Cathedral 0.8 km
|Sydney Kingsford Smith||8.7 km|
|Newcastle Williamtown||132.3 km|