Good to know
|Distance to city centre||1.7 km|
|Nearest airport||Sacramento Intl|
|Distance to airport||13.5 km|
|"The hot tub was great!."||(in 7 reviews)|
|"The staff was friendly"||(in 63 reviews)|
|"Amazing complimentary breakfast!!"||(in 55 reviews)|
|"Many homeless people nearby."||(in 9 reviews)|
|"Old funky hotel, uncomfortable bed, trains nearby ran all night long."||(in 10 reviews)|
|"The construction is effecting the place."||(in 9 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bike trail||in 50 reviews|
|breakfast was good||in 109 reviews|
|close to airport||in 10 reviews|
|close to downtown||in 17 reviews|
|close to the freeway||in 25 reviews|
|construction going||in 30 reviews|
|great breakfast||in 78 reviews|
|great but the room||in 146 reviews|
|homeless people||in 29 reviews|
|hot tub||in 9 reviews|
|mexican restaurant||in 6 reviews|
|noisy at night||in 27 reviews|
|old sacramento||in 7 reviews|
|parking lot||in 37 reviews|
|shuttle service||in 22 reviews|
|staff was nice||in 115 reviews|
|view of the river||in 36 reviews|
Everything especially the comfortable bed.
The provided breakfast was only fruit (apples & oranges) & a granola bar. It was understandable due to the Coronavirus pandemic. I just wished there was a better breakfast options.
1) There was a fitness center with fresh water so I could fill up water bottles. 2) The room had a microwave and a refrigerator. 3) We were able to park close to our room. 4) The motel provided a pack'n'play-style crib free of charge. 5) There was free wi-fi. 6) We were allowed to check in early.
1) Everything about the place felt sketchy. The location was horrible, there were weird people wandering around, and it looked really slummy. 2) It was loud. From inside the room I could hear people outside yelling, and I worried that it was going to be noisy all night. 3) While the room we were in was non-smoking, everywhere outside the room smelled of smoke. I got the impression that people just stepped outside their rooms to smoke and the stench lingered there. When I walked from our room to the fitness center to fill up my water bottle, I walked through multiple zones of smoke smell (not even a visible cloud, just the smell). It made the whole property feel dirty. 4) Contrary to what the pictures on booking.com indicated, the room was extremely small and the fixtures seemed to be rather low quality. Nothing inside the room was dirty, but some things (like the tub) seemed kind of old and other things (like the bed) just seemed cheap. 5) The property was so spread out that to walk from our room at one end to the fitness center/desk/breakfast area at the other took several minutes. Overall, I was very disappointed with this property. It was not at all what I was expecting for 3 stars, and it was not at all what I was expecting based on the pictures on booking.com. It was cheap and junky and run-down, and it made me feel poor just to stay there. I didn't feel comfortable having my wife and daughter stay the night there, so we cut our losses and made a reservation at another 3-star hotel in Sacramento that was worlds apart from this one. That hotel cost about half again as much, but it was totally worth it -- both intrinsically, and for the relief we felt in getting away from this one.
transient people outside the property
When people got me in trouble
Noisy, bathtub drain clogged and would not drain.
There's no easier way to experience Sacramento than at the Best Western Sandman Motel, an award winning facility just minutes from top attractions. With easy freeway access, this conveniently located Sacramento hotel is only one mile from Old Sacramento, where visitors can take advantage of modern shops and restaurants, while also taking in the area's historic vibe. Fascinating museums like the California State Railroad Museum take visitors back in time to the days of the California Gold Rush. The beautiful California State Capitol building, where California's past, present and future comes together, is just another mile down the road. Sutter's Fort State Historical Park, the California Exposition Center, the Sacramento Convention Center and Arco Arena are all just a short drive away. The Best Western Sandman Motel is the only hotel with private guest key access to the Sacramento River, offering adventurous guests opportunities for boating, fishing and easy access to Old Sacramento. There's a reason this Sacramento hotel received the Best Western Director's Award for Outstanding Quality Assurance three years in a row. The property offers well-appointed guest rooms, each featuring cable satellite television with HBO® and high-speed Internet access. Guests will enjoy an array of amenities, such as a complimentary full breakfast, a heated outdoor swimming pool & hot tub, limited business services and our onsite restaurant, Nena’s Mexican Restaurant. We have shuttle service to the Sacramento International Airport, Amtrak, Convention Center and Old Sacramento. Our helpful staff at the Best Western Sandman Motel is here to help make your stay in Sacramento, California as memorable as possible. Make a reservation today and save!
based on 882 reviews
Things to know
- Great reception
- Good accessibility by car
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Best Western Sandman Motel
Where is Best Western Sandman Motel located?
Best Western Sandman Motel is located at 236 Jibboom Street in Downtown, 1.7 km from the centre of Sacramento. California State Railroad Museum is the closest landmark to Best Western Sandman Motel.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Best Western Sandman Motel?
Check-in time is 16:00 and check-out time is 12:00 at Best Western Sandman Motel.
Does Best Western Sandman Motel offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Best Western Sandman Motel offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Best Western Sandman Motel offer free parking?
Yes, Best Western Sandman Motel offers free parking.
Does Best Western Sandman Motel offer free airport shuttle service?
Yes, Best Western Sandman Motel offers free airport shuttle service.
How far is Best Western Sandman Motel from the airport?
Best Western Sandman Motel is 13.5 km from Sacramento Intl. Best Western Sandman Motel is 79.8 km from Napa County.
Can you bring pets to Best Western Sandman Motel?
No, pets are not allowed at Best Western Sandman Motel.
Does Best Western Sandman Motel have a pool?
Yes, Best Western Sandman Motel has a pool on-site.
Reviews about Best Western Sandman Motel
Most popular landmarks
- California State Railroad Museum 1.1 km
- Discovery Park 1.2 km
- Sacramento Amtrak Station 1.4 km
- Cesar Chavez Park 1.8 km
- Crocker Art Museum 1.9 km
- California State Capitol 2.3 km
|Sacramento Intl||13.5 km|
|Napa County||79.8 km|
|Sacramento Greyhound Bus||0.7 km|