Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Kathmandu
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$138|
|Average price (weekend night):||$103|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Kathmandu cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Kathmandu hotel
- If it’s your first time visiting Kathmandu, you might choose to stay near the old city, Durbar Square, which comprises temples, royal palaces and many monuments. World Heritage Hotel & Apartments - Dwarika Chhen is a popular family-run 3-star hotel a 5-minute walk from Durbar Square. Guests like the hospitality, the traditional style of the building and the large rooms. Bedrooms all have fans, free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs.
- If you want to be in the hustle and bustle of things, a convenient sightseeing location is the area of Thamel. Fairfield by Marriott is a 3-star hotel with modern rooms with all the facilities you need, including free Wi-Fi, a restaurant and a fitness centre. It’s set in a quiet lane adjacent to the local markets, the Garden of Dreams, and includes amenities like restaurants, bars and supermarkets.
- For travellers seeking a luxury resort in Kathmandu, the Hyatt Regency Kathmandu is a prime choice. Set in 37 acres of landscaped gardens, this 5-star resort offers rest and relaxation with a large outdoor swimming pool, a spa, two dining options and a couple of bars. The hotel is set on the route to the holy Tibetan Buddhist shrine of Boudhanath Stupa, merely a 5-minute walk away. There’s an on-site travel desk to assist with trips and tours. It’s 6 km from the city centre and 4 km from Tribhuvan international Airport.
- For foodies, the Nepalese restaurant 1 Krishnarpan at The Dwarika’s Hotel serves superb 6 to 22 course meals in the traditional Nepalese style. There’s also an intimate Japanese restaurant, Mako’s, and Toran, which offers Nepalese and world cuisine. The 5-star hotel’s amenities include a pool, a yoga and fitness centre, a shop selling traditional items, and a business centre. Wi-Fi is free throughout.
- Looking for budget hotels in Kathmandu? Try Hotel Ganesh Himal, which is a 5-minute walk from the historic area of Durbar Square and offers free parking and Wi-Fi. Guests like the hotel’s location and garden and its tour desk which can help arrange local visits.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Kathmandu
How much does a hotel cost in Kathmandu?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Kathmandu for as cheap as $10 in the last 3 days. The average price is $56.
Which hotels in Kathmandu offer free pickups from the airport?
If you’d like to stay at one of the hotels in Kathmandu with free airport transfers, try Hotel Buddha, 6 km from Tribhuvan International Airport. There are air-conditioned rooms and suites (including family options) available, and a 24-hour reception and room service. Another choice is Taleju Boutique Hotel, 5 km from the airport, which offers free airport pickups and complimentary luggage storage. This calm hotel has 27 rooms, some with city or garden views, and an on-site restaurant and spa.
Are there any hotels in Kathmandu that are boutique hotels?
Travellers looking for hotels in Kathmandu can book a room or suite at the family-run Hotel Baber Mahal Vilas. It’s 2 km from the historic Durbar Square area and is decorated in a traditional Nepalese style. The hotel has free Wi-Fi, a restaurant and a shop selling local souvenirs.
Do any hotels in Kathmandu come with a hot tub and sauna?
For hotels in Kathmandu with a hot tub and sauna, try the grand 5-star Yak and Yeti Hotel, a former palace. Its spa and wellness centre has a sauna, steam room and hot tub as well as Swedish and Shiatsu massage on offer, plus an outdoor jogging track, tennis courts and three adjoining outdoor pools. Its vast array of services includes restaurants, bars, a casino, a business centre and a travel desk.
What are the best hotels in Kathmandu for families?
If you’re travelling with family and/or children, several hotels in Kathmandu are well suited. Hotel Shambala has family rooms available and offers proximity to eateries and shops. It has a restaurant and pool (guests pay a fee). Alternatively try Hotel Mulberry, which is adjacent to the Garden of Dreams, a sculpted neo-classical garden. Its spacious rooms and suites, buffet breakfast and location were highlighted by their guests.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.