Baltimore car hire information
Baltimore car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Baltimore
Good to know
|Most popular car type||Full-size|
When to book a hire car in Baltimore
Top tips for renting a car in Baltimore
- Because Baltimore is a short drive away from other states, you can visit several historical and cultural attractions while you are on vacation -- if you rent a car, that is. Renting a car will make it easy to drive into Washington, D.C. to visit the White House and presidential monuments. When weather permits, you can also visit several beaches on the coast of the Mid-Atlantic including Chesapeake Beach and Ocean Beach.
- Baltimore is within close proximity of the nation’s capital. The Baltimore/Washington International Airport services all of Maryland, D.C., and Virginia. It offers an array of services to customers, including a number of options for car hires. For your convenience, all of the hire car companies are in the same place at the airport. Once you land and claim your bags, simply catch the shuttle to the hire car center.
- When you are driving around Baltimore, be aware of traffic light cameras. Many traffic lights are equipped with cameras to catch drivers who are speeding or driving recklessly. Because you don’t want to leave Baltimore with a ticket, you’ll want to drive cautiously and carefully.
- Baltimoreans have to deal with traffic jams which can lead to long commutes. So, during your vacation, you’ll want to choose to travel in areas and around the times that roads are less congested. Some of the heaviest traffic takes place on Interstate 695, also known as the Beltway. Morning rush hour in Baltimore is busiest from 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. In the evening, rush hour starts at 4 p.m. and continues until around 6:30 p.m.
- Book your rental car in Baltimore at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Baltimore
What is the most popular rental car in Baltimore?
Full-size (Toyota RAV4 or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Baltimore.
What is the best rental car company in Baltimore?
How can I find car rentals near me in Baltimore?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Full-size car rental cost in Baltimore?
A Full-size car rental in Baltimore costs $138 per day, on average.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Baltimore?
Street parking is available in several business districts and both in and around Baltimore’s residential neighborhoods. For the purpose of parking, a small car might be ideal to rent in Baltimore, as it will make it easier to parallel park and get into tighter spaces. A heavier car might be preferred in the winter because of the snow, however.
What's the speed limit in Baltimore?
On the Beltway and other freeways, the speed limit in Baltimore is 65 miles per hour. On residential roads, the maximum speed limit is 25 mph. If driving around Baltimore in the winter months, be prepared to slow down to adjust to snowy roads or icy conditions.
How are gas prices in Baltimore?
Petrol prices in Baltimore varies considerably depending upon where you make your purchase. It can cost as low as $2.30 to as much as $2.70 per gallon for regular petrol. These prices are about average when compared to other cities in the United States. Expect to pay slightly more if you rent a car that requires premium petrol.
Where are the best places to park in Baltimore?
The Baltimore waterfront is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the region. From here you can walk to the aquarium, restaurants, museums and nightclubs. Street parking is possible at a fee for up to 4 hours. Additionally, there are numerous self-pay lots along the waterfront which are very economical. Several parking garages also provide convenient and easy parking such as Harbor Park Garage and Pier V Parking.