Good to know
|Distance to city centre||3.1 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
The location is simply incredible, the beach area is calm and wonderful and the staff extremely nice & available to help!
La vue , l’emplacement
- you only for the view otherwise everything else is expensive . Depends on the season but the hotel is far from everything . Taxi will cost 25 euros to go to the nearest village and 25 euros to go back to the hotel . Super expensive . No supermarket near . Since it’s far you have to eat dinner at the hotels restaurant which is additional 25 euros . The hotel director super super super RUDE . He doesn’t speak English so he doesn’t welcom you or ask you if you are ok . I asked just for an aspirin or a vitamin he laughed at me . If you speak Italian he might say hello to you . The girls at the reception and the restaurant were nice and helpful . I asked for a large double bed ,they gave me twin beds so you finish your night in the middle of the bed almost falling . The house keeper don’t think about if you are sleeping at 8 am or on vacation ,they move all the furnitures in the other rooms to clean so they wake you up. Food has nothing special so since there is no supermarket next to the hotel you have to pay double for everything . No even free water to welcome you . In October ,There is a bus, but only at 9 am or at 2 pm so if you have to come back to the hotel add 25 euros for the taxi . Anyways better to stay somewhere else . Not really worth the money . If you are not athletic there is a private beach but 200 steps to go down and up . So basically not going back to that hotel . There are so much better hôtels in the island .
Great little hotel, comfortable room with terrace onto garden overlooking the sea, perfect for a glass of proseco late in the afternoon. Staff was great, friendly and professional. Breakfast buffet was fantastic. Set menu in the evening was really good. We stayed an extra 2 nights, so much we loved it. Great base for touring the highland.
No wi fi in the room only on common areas.
Great view. Friendly staff. Really clean.
All good except that with a small kid (<2y in our case), it might not be the most convenient hotel (quite some stairs, away from main facilities...). But perfect place otherwise.
The private beach beside the property is really nice and not too far to walk. The views from the patio are also stunning.
My husband woke up the first morning to find ants all over his pillow. We complained and the problem was solved very quickly. I also think there should be a sign on the fridge explaining that there is a charge for the water. The water in the taps was too salty to drink and we assumed this was why there was free water in the fridge. We were surprised to be charged for it at check out and would have purchased water at the grocery store (at a much cheaper price) had we known.
With a stay at Viticcio in Portoferraio, you'll be on the waterfront, just a 1-minute walk from Arcipelago Toscano National Park and 10 minutes by foot from Sansone Beach. Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 161 reviews
Things to know
- Nice building
- Great view
- Awesome terrace
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Viticcio
Most popular landmarks
- Portoferraio Port 4 km
- Isola D'Elba Tennis Club 4.1 km
- Villa Romana della Linguella 4.5 km
- Napoleonic Museum of Mercy 4.6 km
- Palazzina dei Mulini 4.6 km
- Roman Villa delle Grotte 4.8 km
|Campo nell'Elba Marina Di Campo||7 km|
|Bastia Poretta||71.1 km|
|Piombino Marittima||25.1 km|