Good to know
|Distance to city centre||0.3 km|
|Nearest airport||Oaxaca Xoxocotlan|
|Distance to airport||7.4 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
The staff is super friendly and the rooms neat and clean
Our room didn’t have any window
The location is perfect, very close to all the action. My room was very spacious and perfectly clean. I loved having access to a beautiful patio balcony.
While I did not mind being close to where some of the celebrations take place, others might object to being woken up early by music or fireworks. However, it’s all part of the cultural experience!
Breakfast included just sweet bread, coffe and juice or fruit plate...:( There was no parking...they had to park the car around 10 blocks away from the hotel...too expensive...:(
- the manager / receptionist and the staff are really nice and helpful and I am shore they are responsible for the ao good evaluations - beautiful building and the renovation is nice - location near the nice part of city center (but in a busy street) - comfortable beds
- you can see the owners were more into taking care of the building (that is investment ) than decoration and guests . The decoration is horrible . The social areas Furniture are so depressing you just want to run from it. Buy some nice and comfortable sofas and some tables and chairs . Use plants etc - it could be so nice just with a small investment ! - the breakfast is a non breakfast - a small plate of fruit OR a glasse of juice ; coffe ; 1 small chocolate croissant (those you buy for children in a supermarket ) or a cake (Also industrial from supermarket - it is like a hostel breakfast Then you can also ask from the menu - but since the old menu to the option to how they look all is bad and depressing Just down the road you have an amazing food PAn:am for breakfast Why don’t you increase 500 pesos or more the bedroom price and offer a decent breakfast ? Or just make it optional ? Finally , the small hotel has 6 bedrooms : the bedrooms on the 1 st floor are very nice : 2 are facing a large terrace with a open view and 1 is facing the courtyard (no view but quiet) The 3 bedrooms on the ground floor are very noisy - 2 are facing the mains street at ground level - very busy street and you must have windows close to have privacy . The 3th bedroom is facing the courtyard near the kitchen They start preparing the plate of fruit at 07ham and make lots of noise - I don’t see why so many persons to prepare that plate fruit for 6 bedrooms ... I would not come back
Close to town..safe excellent staff ! Helpful friendly advice.. small cozy hotel. The wonderful food.!
The church bells 6:20 a.m.
Located in Oaxaca (Centro), Casa Catrina is within a 15-minute walk of Oaxaca Cathedral and Zocalo Square. Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, a 24-hour front desk, and a safe deposit box at the front desk.
based on 107 reviews
Things to know
- Spacious rooms
- Friendly atmosphere
- Awesome terrace
- Fair breakfast prices
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Casa Catrina
Most popular landmarks
- Museo de las Culturas de Oaxaca 270 m
- Church of Santo Domingo de Guzman 278 m
- Santo Domingo Square 279 m
- Oaxaca Ethnobotanical Garden 357 m
- Auditorio Guelaguetza 0.7 km
- Teatro Macedonio de Alcala 0.7 km
|Oaxaca Xoxocotlan||7.4 km|
|Puerto Escondido||137.9 km|