Good to know
|Distance to city centre||0.4 km|
|Nearest airport||Lisbon Humberto Delgado|
|Distance to airport||6.6 km|
|"friendly, kind and helpful staff."||(in 140 reviews)|
|"Excellent value hotel in excellent location."||(in 155 reviews)|
|"The breakfast was very good."||(in 93 reviews)|
|"There was construction work going on."||(in 6 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bathroom was tiny and cramped||in 31 reviews|
|bit thinner||in 19 reviews|
|breakfast was good||in 117 reviews|
|city center||in 16 reviews|
|close to metro||in 4 reviews|
|construction work||in 29 reviews|
|da liberdade||in 11 reviews|
|enjoyed our stay||in 33 reviews|
|faint musty smell||in 6 reviews|
|great location||in 201 reviews|
|helpful staff||in 182 reviews|
|local resturants||in 9 reviews|
|marmalade and butter||in 6 reviews|
|news and bbc||in 8 reviews|
|room was very clean||in 19 reviews|
|train station||in 13 reviews|
|value for money||in 41 reviews|
|walking distance||in 7 reviews|
|worked tv||in 5 reviews|
|worked well and wifi||in 16 reviews|
- Great location - Wi-Fi worked pretty well from our room - Reception staff was friendly, helpful and happy to speak English with us (we didn't know a word in portuguese aside from "hello" and "good day"...) - Breakfast is included and the essentials are there (coffee, tea, milk, fruits and cereals)
- Bathroom was too small. You couldn't stand in front of the bathroom sink because the WC were in the way. - Tub shower water pressure was not good and the water was not that hot. - Bathroom ceiling showed recent water damage which looked dangerous and not very clean. The staff assured us there was no risk and that it would be fixed "some day". - Room was very small with a lot of wasted space behind the curtains - Walls were very thin which became a real issue when what sounded like a group of drunken women decided to get to their rooms yelling and singing at 5 in the morning... - Breakfast looks wholesome and varied but isn't. Savoury options were not of good quality (eggs, sausages, cheeses, etc.). Then again, it's not essential for breakfast. - We were asked to pay for our stay the night before leaving, even if we came home late and only wanted to go to sleep. Not a really nice touch.
It was OK for a short stay. Very good location: Close to metro stations and to the historic center. Refreshed old building, with beautiful colonial front. Nice balcony.
Shower was not hot enough. Breakfast just ok. No frigobar at the room. Maybe a bit expensive for what it was (which was mainly a good location)
Location very close to Colloseum and hard rock cafe and all shops!
I like some vegetables with my breakfast
Hotel Portuense is located in a quiet street, parallel to Avenida da Liberdade and behind the Hard Rock Café. Hotel Portuense is set in a traditional Portuguese building with Pombaline architecture. The privileged location allows easy access to the main tourist, cultural and commercial sights of Lisbon’s historic center.
Santo António is an excellent choice among travelers who are interested in architecture, gastronomy and visiting monuments since it is the part of Lisbon that guests prefer.
Official Hotel Information
based on 1,952 reviews
Things to know
- Clean rooms
- Great reception
- Friendly service
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Hotel Portuense
Where is Hotel Portuense located?
Hotel Portuense is located at Rua das Portas de Santo Antão, 149-157 in Baixa (Downtown), 0.4 km from the centre of Lisbon. Praça de D. Pedro IV is the closest landmark to Hotel Portuense.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Hotel Portuense?
Check-in time is 14:00 and check-out time is 12:00 at Hotel Portuense.
Does Hotel Portuense offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Hotel Portuense offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Hotel Portuense offer free parking?
No, Hotel Portuense does not offer free parking.
Does Hotel Portuense offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Hotel Portuense does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Hotel Portuense from the airport?
Hotel Portuense is 6.6 km from Lisbon Humberto Delgado. Hotel Portuense is 18.4 km from Cascais Aerodrome.
Can you bring pets to Hotel Portuense?
No, pets are not allowed at Hotel Portuense.
Does Hotel Portuense have a pool?
No, Hotel Portuense does not have a pool on-site.
Reviews about Hotel Portuense
Most popular landmarks
- Praça de D. Pedro IV 0.4 km
- Igreja de São Roque 0.5 km
- Elevador de Santa Justa 0.6 km
- Castelo de São Jorge 0.7 km
- MUDE - Museu Do Design E Da Moda 1 km
- Sé de Lisboa 1.1 km
|Lisbon Humberto Delgado||6.6 km|
|Cascais Aerodrome||18.4 km|
|Lisbon Lisboa-Santa Apolónia||1.6 km|
|Lisbon Lisboa-Estação do Oriente||6.7 km|