Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Interlaken
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$221|
|Average price (weekend night):||$146|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Interlaken cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Interlaken hotel
- Some of the best centrally located hotels in Interlaken are found along the Höheweg, the town’s central promenade stretching from west to east Interlaken. This includes the 4-star Hotel Du Nord overlooking the famous Höhematte Park while just a few doors down the iconic Hotel Interlaken, a 3-minute walk from the park’s pretty Schloss (Palace).
- Honeymoon couples searching for a top luxury hotel can choose from the likes of the 5-star Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel west of the Höheweg, with a private spa and elegant rooms overlooking the Bernese Alps. Or, the 4-star Hotel Bellevue which sits on the banks of the River Aare on Marktgasse and whose 19th century Belle Epoque origins are reflected in its richly-decorated interiors.
- Travellers in search of an apartment will find several to choose from at the Swiss Inn Hotel which offers clean, modern and air-conditioned apartments in a quiet residential area of west Interlaken. For more of a mountain backdrop, try Aparthotel Goldey on the banks of the River Aare in the Jungfrau region, with stylish apartments for up to four persons and perks including free Wi-Fi and a bread delivery service.
- One of the best hotels in Interlaken for families is the Hotel Du Lac with family-sized and inter-connecting rooms in a riverside location, just a 2-minute walk from Interlaken Ost (East) Train Station. Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof, just off Höhematte Park in the centre of town, is a family-friendly hostel with great facilities including gardens and a play room for younger children, and the advantage of being just a 5-minute drive from JungfrauPark Theme Park.
- For those travellers looking for a budget hotel, one of the best centrally located hotels in Interlaken is the 5th Floor @ Hotel Interlaken, offering simple, fuss-free rooms with a sitting area and shared bedroom from a fantastic location opposite Höhematte Park on the Höheweg.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Interlaken
Are there hotels in Interlaken with air conditioning?
The 4-star Royal Hotel St Georges, opposite the Schlosspark on Höheweg in the town centre, has air-conditioned rooms decorated in either a modern boutique or classically elegant style. Hotel Derby on the Jungfraustrasse, in a quiet family-friendly neighbourhood just south of the town centre and Höhematte Park, has bright, contemporary rooms with air-conditioning and a coffee machine.
What are some of the best hotels in Interlaken with a view of the river?
Among the luxury riverside hotels in Interlaken is the stately Hotel Central Continental on Bahnhofstrasse, which sits on its very own peninsula between west Interlaken and the Jungfrau ski region and has rooms with terraced balconies overlooking the River Aare. On the other side of town in east Interlaken is the 5-star Lindner Grand Hotel Beau Rivage, a traditional Swiss grand hotel overlooking Beaurivage Bridge and the river’s calm turquoise waters.
Are there hotels near Interlaken’s main train stations?
Interlaken has two main train stations: Interlaken Ost (known as Interlaken East) and Interlaken West. Hotels near Interlaken east station include Interlaken Youth Hostel, situated right next to the train station, with excellent facilities including a restaurant and outdoor terrace. Opposite West Station on Bahnhofstrasse is the Hotel Merkur, offering simple but comfortable rooms and a breakfast terrace with mountain views.
Which hotels in Interlaken offer a free breakfast?
Hotels offering a free breakfast include the 4-star Hotel Krebs on Bahnhofstrasse, just a two-minute walk from West Station, whose spacious restaurant offers an all-you-can-eat hot and cold breakfast buffet. Breakfast is also included at the 3-star Hotel Bernerhof, just a few steps further north along Bahnhofstrasse, which is in the cosy surrounds of a traditional Swiss restaurant.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.