SeaTac car hire information
SeaTac car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in SeaTac
When to book a hire car in SeaTac
Top tips for renting a car in SeaTac
- While SeaTac does have a decent array of public transport options available, it truly is a car city. With a car, visitors to the city can quickly go from petrol Works Park to Columbia City or anywhere else in the city quickly and easily, as most parts of the city are just a 10- to 20-minute drive from each other. The Pacific Northwest is famed for its natural beauty, and driving is certainly the best way to get to one of SeaTac’s neighboring national parks.
- Looking to rent a car during your time in SeaTac? At SeaTac–Tacoma International Airport, the car hire facilities are located in a separate facility that is accessible via 24/7 shuttle buses found outside of baggage claim on both the north and south sides of the main terminal.
- Like most of the larger cities in the U.S., SeaTac suffers from moderate to severe congestion during rush hour. SeaTac’s morning rush hour typically lasts from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and in the afternoon and evening from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. However, congestion is not distributed equally across the city -- roads like the Northbound I-5 and I-405 are among the most congested.
- Due to congestion on SeaTac’s highways, many of the highways have instituted a number of traffic control methods including ramp meters. Ramp meters are stop lights on highway entrance ramps that allow only one car through at a time at spaced intervals, thus preventing over-capacity on the highway.
- Book your rental car in SeaTac at least 1 week before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in SeaTac
What is the best rental car company in SeaTac?
How can I find car rentals near me in SeaTac?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in SeaTac?
Fortunately for large families planning a trip to SeaTac, the roads in SeaTac can accommodate all sizes of vehicles. From SUVs to sedans, you will have no issue navigating the streets of SeaTac. Part of this is because of the relative youngness of the city; unlike many of the older cities in the US, SeaTac, for the most part, lacks the tiny one-way streets and alleys that are so typical of older cities.
What's the speed limit in SeaTac?
SeaTac’s urban areas feature the standard range of speed limits from 25 mph to 50 mph, depending on the road size. However, one detail to take note of is that many of the highways in SeaTac have lower speed limits than what you would see in other cities in the U.S. Many of the speed limits are adjusted actively, depending on the traffic conditions.
How are gas prices in SeaTac?
SUV and truck drivers will be sad to hear that petrol prices are not cheap in SeaTac. In fact, SeaTac’s petrol prices on average rank among the highest in the U.S., with the average price sitting between $3 - $3.50 per gallon.
Where are the best places to park in SeaTac?
Parking in downtown SeaTac is quite easy compared to other large cities in the U.S. Drivers will find that there is ample streetside and garage parking available throughout the downtown area and in other popular districts in the city. Parking garages are especially a good option if you plan on visiting sites such as Pike Place Market.