Phuket City car hire information
|Pick-up location||Phuket City|
Phuket City car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Phuket City
Good to know
|Most popular agency||Chic Car Rent|
|Most popular car type||Economy|
When to book a hire car in Phuket City
Top tips for renting a car in Phuket City
- One of the most exciting aspects of any trip abroad is exploring the countryside. This is especially so in Phuket City because of its vibrant surroundings. However, if you truly want to get out and explore, then driving your own vehicle is the best means to get off the beaten path car, as the only other options in the city are taxis, buses, or tuk tuks.
- Excited to begin your trip in Phuket City? If so and you are planning on renting a vehicle during your time in the city, Phuket International Airport’s hire car counters can be found in the Arrivals Hall.
- Drivers new to Phuket City should make sure to keep their eyes peeled for any animals or pedestrians crossing the road suddenly. In the case of animals, there are many strays located in the outskirts of the city that often enjoy sunbathing by the road, so be cautious when driving. In terms of pedestrians, Phuket City is a lively town (especially at night), so many pedestrians will be out and about.
- Rush hour in Phuket City is luckily not nearly as severe as it is in Bangkok. On a normal day, the morning rush hour is a mere hour long and lasts from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. during the work week. However, the afternoon and evening rush hour is somewhat more severe and it generally starts at around 4:00 p.m. and then tapers off at around 7:00 p.m.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Phuket City for $24 or less
- Book your rental car in Phuket City at least 6 days before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Compact rental cars in Phuket City are around 36% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs about hiring a car in Phuket City
How much does it cost to hire a car in Phuket City?
On average a hire car in Phuket City costs $25 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Phuket City?
Economy (Hyundai Accent or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Phuket City.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Phuket City?
What is the best rental car company in Phuket City?
Which car hire agencies are at the airport: Phuket Airport (HKT)?
The only car hire company onsite at Phuket Airport is Chic Car Rent.
What is the cheapest car hire location in Phuket City?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at keddy by Europcar 222 Tambon Mai Khao 83110 (27 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Phuket City?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Phuket City?
A Economy car rental in Phuket City costs $42 per day, on average.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Phuket City?
A Compact car rental in Phuket City costs $29 per day, on average.
How much does a Full-size car rental cost in Phuket City?
A Full-size car rental in Phuket City costs $58 per day, on average.
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Phuket City?
On average a rental car in Phuket City costs $176 per week ($25 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Phuket City?
On average a rental car in Phuket City costs $756 per month ($25 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Phuket City?
Phuket City’s streets are, for the most part, large and well maintained. Drivers should have no issues driving all sorts of vehicles, from SUVs and trucks to sedans and compacts. If you plan on exploring the countryside, it may even be advantageous to have a larger vehicle. In the city, however, some of the streets can get narrower, so larger cars may have to stop at times to let other cars pass. Large cars are popular in Thailand, though, so drivers shouldn’t have any problems.
What's the speed limit in Phuket City?
Speed limits in Phuket City and Thailand are set at four general standards. Specifically, 50 km/h (31 mph) in dense urban and residential areas, 80 km/h (50 mph) on larger roads in built-up areas, 90 km/h (56 mph) outside of built-up areas, and 120 km/h (75 mph) on motorways.
How are gas prices in Phuket City?
The average price per liter of petrol in Phuket City is ฿28 ($0.85), which is the equivalent of ฿106 ($3.23) per gallon of gas.
Where are the best places to park in Phuket City?
For the most part, parallel streetside parking is the most common option available to drivers in Phuket City. Additionally, drivers can expect most businesses and restaurants to have their own private parking. Aside from those two options, there are some parking lots and garages in the city, but they are not too common as streetside parking is so amply available.