Panama City car hire information
|Pick-up location||Panama City|
Panama City car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Panama City
Good to know
|Most popular car type||Economy|
When to book a hire car in Panama City
Top tips for renting a car in Panama City
- One of the main advantages to having a car during your time in Panama City is that it opens up the countryside for easy exploration. There are a number of spectacular spots that are just perfect as day trips from Panama City. Some of these spots include Cajones de Chame, which is 90 km (56 miles) away from the city, and Laguna de San Carlos, which is 110 km (68 miles) away.
- If you’re flying in, you’ll probably want to pick up your hire car from the airport so you can start your vacation right away. If your flight is arriving at Tocumen International Airport, then you will find the hire car offices in the airport’s Arrivals Hall.
- It is worth remembering that cell phone use is strictly forbidden when driving in Panama. This is important to remember because many tourists use their phones to navigate Panama City. So stay on the safe side of the law by having a passenger be the guide during your time in Panama City.
- Rush hour doesn’t last overly long in Panama City, but nonetheless it is definitely worth avoiding. Generally, drivers can expect the morning rush hour to begin shortly after 7:00 a.m. and to last until 9:00 a.m. The afternoon rush hour begins around 4:00 p.m. and winds down at around 6:00 p.m. during the work week. Calle 50 and Via España are two roads worth avoiding during rush hour, as they both can become quite bogged down.
- Book your rental car in Panama City at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Economy rental cars in Panama City are around 86% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs about hiring a car in Panama City
What is the most popular rental car in Panama City?
Economy (Hyundai i10 or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Panama City.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Panama City?
What is the best rental car company in Panama City?
What is the cheapest car hire location in Panama City?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at Hertz Apto. Intl De Tocumen null (18 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Panama City?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Panama City?
A Economy car rental in Panama City costs $2 per day, on average.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Panama City?
A Compact car rental in Panama City costs $16 per day, on average.
How much does a Intermediate car rental cost in Panama City?
A Intermediate car rental in Panama City costs $16 per day, on average.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Panama City?
Fortunately for travelers, all sizes of vehicles will be comfortable to drive on the roads of Panama City. SUVs, coupes, compacts, and sedans can all be found on the road here so travelers really have their pick. However, if you plan on exploring the older parts of the city by car, it may be worth renting a smaller vehicle as the streets can become a bit narrow at times.
What's the speed limit in Panama City?
The speed limit in built-up areas and urban zones in Panama City typically ranges from 30 km/h (19 mph) to 50 km/h (31 mph). In towns and on local roads the speed limit goes up to 60 km/h (37 mph), while on highways the speed limit goes from 100 km/h (62 mph) to 120 km/h (75 mph).
How are gas prices in Panama City?
Petrol in Panama City costs on average 0.78 PAB ($0.78) per liter of gas, which comes out to about 2.95 PAB ($2.95) per gallon of petrol in Panama City.
Where are the best places to park in Panama City?
Private parking garages and lots are reliable options for drivers who are sticking to the busier parts of town. In calmer areas such as residential districts, streetside parking is a more popular option. Drivers should note, though, that many businesses will have private parking lots and garages for their customers to use.