Oslo car hire information
Oslo car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Oslo
Good to know
|Most popular car type||Economy|
When to book a hire car in Oslo
Top tips for renting a car in Oslo
- One of the major advantages of renting a car during your time in Oslo is that it allows you to be free to pop between all of the city’s wonderful sites. For instance, the Oslo Fjord is just outside of the city and is within quick and easy reach if you have car. With a car you can even explore the area by yourself instead of being stuck on a planned group tour.
- Planning on driving during your time in Oslo? Then your first step is to pick up a hire car after your flight lands at Oslo Airport. Travelers will find the hire car desks located in the P10 parking lot on level U2.
- If you are arriving in the winter, make sure then that you are prepared for snowy roads. Though the roads are very well-maintained throughout Norway, snow can still pile up quickly at times. Drivers are recommended to check the weather ahead of time before embarking on any major journeys and to be prepared for the weather to turn if there is snow in the forecast.
- Rush hour traffic in Oslo is not the most severe but it can certainly put a damper on your day. For travelers looking to avoid the congestion, they are best off avoiding the road between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. However, if you must hit the road during those times, make sure to avoid E6 and E18 since they are two of the most congested roads in Oslo.
- Book your rental car in Oslo at least 5 weeks before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Oslo
What is the most popular rental car in Oslo?
Economy (Hyundai Accent or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Oslo.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Oslo?
What is the best rental car company in Oslo?
What is the cheapest car hire location in Oslo?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at Thrifty Sigrid Undsets Plass 2060 (37 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Oslo?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Oslo?
A Economy car rental in Oslo costs $87 per day, on average.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Oslo?
Smaller vehicles such as compacts, sedans, and coupes are by far the best options for travelers looking to drive in Oslo. The city is designed for smaller vehicles, so drivers of large cars will find the downtown core to be ill-suited for them. However, in the outer areas of the city, large cars become a bit more common. So, if your plan is to go on a broader Norwegian adventure, then perhaps a medium-sized car would be more appropriate.
What's the speed limit in Oslo?
For densely populated residential areas in Oslo speed limits are typically 50 km/h (31 mph), while in less populated areas they go up to 80 km/h (50 mph). On major motorways the speed limit will get up to 110 km/h (68 mph).
How are gas prices in Oslo?
Though Norway is one of the major petrol exporters in the world, the petrol prices are still somewhat high. On average drivers can expect to pay about 17 NOK ($1.98) per liter of gas. In gallons, that is 64.35 NOK ($7.49) per gallon of gas, which is certainly on the higher side of petrol prices in both Europe and the United States.
Where are the best places to park in Oslo?
Streetside parking and parking garages are the most common forms of parking available in Oslo. In the central districts of the city, however, parking garages are by far the best option for travelers as they can easily park downtown and then take public transport to get around the popular tourist areas.