Fresno car hire information
Fresno car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Fresno
When to book a hire car in Fresno
Top tips for renting a car in Fresno
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport is centrally located between San Francisco and Los Angeles. It is the most popular airport for tourists looking to visit Kings Canyon, Sequoia, or Yosemite Park. During your stay, you can rent a car from one of the agencies located at the airport. Choose from a variety of companies including Enterprise, Budget, and Hertz. Book in advance and walk just a short distance to pick up your car in the north terminal.
- There are many driving routes and byways with breathtaking views of the lake and mountain ranges. You’ll want a hire car to help you can take advantage of all of its natural scenery. On your trip you’ll also want to drive to Paso Robles or the Sierra Foothills region for wine tastings and vineyard tours.
- While driving in the mountains, be sure to keep your petrol tank full, as it might be miles in between petrol stations. Additionally, the roads in the mountains can be quite narrow, so be careful to stay in your lane. It’s also a good idea to secure an old-fashioned paper map, as your GPS system will not work as well in remote areas.
- Commuting times can be delayed during rush hour in Fresno. This is especially true on interstate highways like Highway 168 and 99. This usually lasts from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on weekdays. Check for traffic updates on abc30.com before leaving your hotel.
- Book your rental car in Fresno at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Fresno
What is the best rental car company in Fresno?
How can I find car rentals near me in Fresno?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Fresno?
If you are planning on driving through one or more of the national parks, you might prefer to rent a Jeep or other vehicle with four-wheel drive to tackle the mountain roads. Because the roads can be narrow, steep, and curvy, you might choose a smaller sports utility vehicle in lieu of a larger one.
What's the speed limit in Fresno?
The speed limit fluctuates quite a bit around the city of Fresno. On main streets, the speed limit might be 30, 35, or 40 miles per hour. If driving in a residential neighborhood, the speed limit drops to 25 mph and down to 15 mph in alleys. On the highway, however, you can drive at a maximum speed of 70 mph.
How are gas prices in Fresno?
Gasoline prices in Fresno costs a little over $3 per gallon. This is almost $1.00 more per gallon than in some other parts of the country. During the summer holidays, like Memorial Day or the 4th of July weekend, petrol prices tend to increase as more tourists take to the road.
Where are the best places to park in Fresno?
Finding a parking spot on the street of downtown Fresno can be difficult at times. There are, however, many parking lots and garages that you can use for your hire car. Some of the most economical are those owned and managed by the city, such as the one at the Convention Center, Fresno City College, or the stadium garage.