Good to know
|Value for money||6.6|
|Distance to city centre||8.3 km|
|Nearest airport||Rio de Janeiro–Galeão Intl|
|Distance to airport||20.1 km|
|"View from pool is amazing."||(in 88 reviews)|
|"The location is perfect."||(in 58 reviews)|
|"Friendly staff, good location"||(in 46 reviews)|
|"Room service was disgusting."||(in 16 reviews)|
|"Bed no that good."||(in 5 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|alastair||in 5 reviews|
|area was nice||in 27 reviews|
|bed no that good||in 15 reviews|
|copacabana beach||in 52 reviews|
|friendly staff||in 77 reviews|
|functioning properly||in 5 reviews|
|furniture is old||in 11 reviews|
|good breakfast||in 63 reviews|
|great apartment||in 16 reviews|
|great location||in 112 reviews|
|helpful staff||in 75 reviews|
|lifts very slow||in 6 reviews|
|long waits||in 4 reviews|
|nice from the room||in 70 reviews|
|partial sea view||in 12 reviews|
|roof top pool||in 109 reviews|
|rooftop bar||in 78 reviews|
|second time||in 6 reviews|
|view from room||in 82 reviews|
|view from the roof terrace||in 37 reviews|
location, room, hotel
spa, sauna and steam need refurbishment
Breakfast was awful. For the price per night this is definitely not the quality of a 4 star hotel. Coffee was horrible. Food awful. Fruit tasteless and juice not fresh. Very disappointing
Breakfast could have more variety. But good overall, Clean, great location, nice view from the pool, nice caipirinhas and caesar salads!
The Electronics are way too old, The TV is from the 2000 sadly had 1 HDMI to plug a chromecast, and the internet in the room was weak.
1. The reception staff are extremely friendly with one such staff member being Pedro who deserves 5 stars for going out of his way to assist us with the taxi driver and interpreting for us. Everyone else at reception were also very helpful and friendly i did not get their names but they are all well deserving of praise. 2. The deck vibe upstairs was very good on Fridays and Saturdays and the food was very good. The bartenders were also super friendly and we enjoyed their hospitality and the beautiful views upstairs. 3. The location of the hotel was perfect. 4. They help with booking of tours. 5. The room was a good size and comfy beds and pillows. 6. You get what is promised as per the pictures.
1. The wifi was really bad. 2. The breakfast menu is bland and boring and very limited. Omelettes were saltless and no salt or pepper was provided. 3. The cleaning of the rooms were not consistent our room was never swept and the toiletries that ought to be topped up daily were not provided daily despite it being used up such as soap, toilet paper and shower caps which were disposable. 4. The lifts are extremely slow and one is out of order. 5. The block on the account for security deposits take very long to be released so you need to budget more than anticipated for your accomodation costs.
The location was amazing.
Check in was smooth. Room was dark and several power points didn’t work. Fixtures and fittings were old and rickety, not even a towel rail in the bathroom. After check in, I asked reception to send a cleaner to the room as the large mirrors had not been wiped in months and the mini bar was filthy. Only 2 of the the 3 lifts were working. Breakfast was basic. Pool area was shabby (broken and cracked tiles and windows). but the view was breathtaking. Our toilet wouldn’t flush and took reception almost 3 days to sort. Expected more from the Pestana brand and will not be using them again.
With a stay at Pestana Rio Atlantica in Rio de Janeiro (Copacabana), you'll be steps from Copacabana Beach and Avenida Atlantica. Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. This hotel has 9 meeting rooms available for events. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
based on 1,790 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Pestana Rio Atlantica
Most popular landmarks
- Copacabana Beach 1 km
- Forte de Copacabana 1.2 km
- Cristo Redentor 3.5 km
- Jardim Botânico do Rio de Janeiro 3.9 km
- Pão de Açúcar 4.5 km
- Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Gloria do Outeiro 6.1 km
|Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont||7.6 km|
|Rio de Janeiro–Galeão Intl||20.1 km|