Van car hire information
Van car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Van
When to book a hire car in Van
Top tips for renting a car in Van
- It is highly recommended that visitors to Van consider renting a vehicle during their time in the city. This is because many of the city’s most famous sights and attractions are best accessed by personal vehicle. For instance, the Castle of Van is just 11 minutes by car from the city center but is inaccessible by public transportation.
- Looking forward to beginning your trip in Van? If you are like many travelers, you will be starting your trip with a quick stop to pick up your hire car. For travelers with flights landing at Van Ferit Melen Airport, you will find the hire car desks in the lobby of the airport.
- If you find yourself driving outside of the city and exploring the countryside, chances are you might come across an intersection with no lights or stop signs. At first glance it may be confusing who has the right of way, but in general the rule of the thumb is the larger road has the right of way. In moments of doubt, simply slow down as you approach the intersection and be sure to check out the traffic before proceeding.
- No city is immune to rush hour but, fortunately for drivers in Van, there isn’t too much worry about. Drivers can expect peak rush hour traffic to fall between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. and in the afternoon from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Outside of those hours there is some congestion -- particularly in the central business district -- but overall the congestion isn’t too heavy.
- Book your rental car in Van at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Van
How can I find car rentals near me in Van?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Van?
Van has a long history as a metropolitan area, which means that many of its streets harken back to before the automobile. At times these historical streets can be on the smaller side, so larger vehicles may struggle to navigate some of the tighter alleys and streets. It is recommended that renters choose a smaller vehicle such as a compact, sedan, or coupe, as they will have an easier time in Van.
What's the speed limit in Van?
Van’s speed limits range from 50 km/h (31 mph) in built-up areas and towns, 90 km/h (56 mph) outside of built-up areas on minor highways and motorways, and 120 km/h (75 mph) on major highways.
How are gas prices in Van?
Petrol costs an average of 6.2 TRY ($1.15) per liter in Van. In gallons, that comes out to 23.47 TRY ($4.37 USD) per gallon of gas. Compared to the average prices seen in much of Europe -- such as Sevilla’s average price of €4.92 ($5.59) per gallon of petrol -- Van’s average prices are on the cheaper side.
Where are the best places to park in Van?
Drivers will find that often their best option for parking in Van will be streetside parallel parking. This is the most common form of parking on all but the largest of streets and in all but the most densely populated areas. In the central business district, though, there are a number of parking garages and lots to choose from.