Regina car hire information
Regina car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Regina
When to book a hire car in Regina
Top tips for renting a car in Regina
- The capital of Saskatchewan, the city of Regina holds lots of historical and cultural attractions. There are also numerous small towns close by that have plenty of charm. Get into your hire car and drive to Watrous to relax on the beach or to the city of Forget to enjoy live music and great food. The nearby city of Moose Jaw features The Tunnel, with dramatic presentations that teach the history of Canada and beyond.
- Regina International Airport is part of the province of Saskatchewan. It offers both domestic and international flights and provides a number of conveniences for passengers including hire car services. Avis, Enterprise, and Hertz are just a few of the agencies located at the airport. Being close to the terminals, you’ll find it easy to pick up and return your hire vehicle.
- When driving on the highway in Regina, you must slow down when there are tow trucks helping damaged vehicles. Additionally, photo radar is common throughout the city and is set up to catch speeding or texting drivers. Note that when you are traveling in rural areas of Saskatchewan, by law you must slow down whenever an animal is close to the road.
- Regina does not have a big problem with traffic congestion. However, it can get a little busy during commute times (7 a.m. – 9 a.m. in the morning and 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. in the evening). It is busiest on streets connecting to downtown, such as Albert Street and Arcola Avenues.
- Book your rental car in Regina at least 1 week before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Regina
What is the best rental car company in Regina?
How can I find car rentals near me in Regina?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Regina?
Rent any car you’d like in Regina. hire car agencies have compact cars, utility vehicles, and luxury cars that you let you drive around in comfort. Some popular automobile brands in Saskatchewan include the Ford, Hyundai, Nissan, and Mazda.
What's the speed limit in Regina?
When driving around the city, you must stay below 31 mph (or 50 km/h). Around school zones, however, by law you’ll have to be careful to stay under 24 mph (or 40 km/h). On the motorways of the city, the speed limit is 55 mph (or 90 km) and goes up to 68 mph (or 110 km) in more rural areas.
How are gas prices in Regina?
Petrol prices in Regina are a little bit higher than in the United States. A gallon of regular petrol will cost from $3.31 to $3.71 per gallon at local stations. Premium petrol costs more and diesel costs nearly $4.00 per gallon. In Regina you can pump your own petrol or go to one of its full-service petrol stations.
Where are the best places to park in Regina?
In the evenings and on weekends, parking is free in downtown Regina. But if you are touring the governmental offices during the week, you’ll be able to park your hire car in a metered parking spot or in one of its parking lots or garages. If driving a luxury vehicle or you just want to take an extra precaution, you might choose one of the garages that is monitored by parking attendants.