Las Palmas de Gran Canaria car hire information
|Pick-up location||Las Palmas de Gran Canaria|
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria car hire reviews and directory
Car Rental Locations in or near Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Good to know
|Most popular car type||Economy|
When to book a hire car in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Top tips for renting a car in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- It is absolutely recommended that travelers visiting Las Palmas consider renting a car during their time on the island. There simply is no better way to enjoy all that the island has to offer than by driving around it and experiencing it in person. Some of the best spots to check out on your tour of the island include the town of Artenara and Playa de Guayedra on the northwestern side of the island.
- Planning to a rent a car while you are in Las Palmas? Luckily for travelers with flights into Gran Canaria Airport, the hire car counters are located on-site in the Arrivals Hall of the airport.
- Biking is very common in Las Palmas so be careful of any bikers you may seen on the road. Often the roads are quite narrow and won’t be wide enough for two cars and a bicyclist at the same time, so be patient and wait for your opportunity to safely pass the biker. Drivers should also note that there are no designated cycling lanes, so bikers have no choice but to bike on the road.
- Rush hour is seemingly ubiquitous in most cities in the world and, unfortunately, Las Palmas is no exception. However, the rush hour in Las Palmas can be easily avoided if you time your driving to avoid it. In general, the morning rush hour only lasts from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and in the afternoon from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. There is also a bit of a siesta rush hour around 2:00 p.m., but it is a more minor affair.
- Book your rental car in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria at least 1 week before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
What is the most popular rental car in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
Economy (Ford Fiesta or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
What is the best rental car company in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
Based on ratings and reviews from real users on KAYAK, the best car rental companies in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria are Hertz (7.4, 3831 reviews), rentalcars.com (6.9, 1426 reviews), and Enterprise (10.0, 1 reviews).
What is the cheapest car hire location in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at INTERRENT Autopista GC-1 Km 16,5 Salida 16 35230 (21 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
A Economy car rental in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria costs $15 per day, on average.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
Las Palmas is certainly a city that is best navigated in a small or medium-sized vehicle. Sedans, compacts, and small SUVs should all be quite comfortable on the road. Larger vehicles will struggle with many of the city’s one-way streets, especially in the older parts of town. Streetside parking may also be an issue for larger cars as drivers might struggle to find large enough parking spaces for them.
What's the speed limit in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
Speed limits don’t vary much on the island, with the standard speed limit set to 50 km/h (31 mph) in the city and 120 km/h (75 mph) on motorways. Always adhere to posted speed limits.
How are gas prices in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
Petrol prices aren’t too bad in Las Palmas, especially considering that the city is on an island. On average, drivers can expect to pay around €1.00 ($1.14) per liter of gas, which is about €3.79 ($4.31) per gallon of gas. That is much cheaper than the average price in Spain, which is often as high as €4.92 ($5.59) per gallon.
Where are the best places to park in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
Parking garages are one of the better options for visitors to Las Palmas, particularly for those who wish to check out the historical areas of the city. Streetside parking is available in varying degrees, but it can become quite scarce and difficult to find in the old town. This is in part because many of the older streets are narrow with limited parking allowed.