Good to know
|Distance to city centre||4.4 km|
|Distance to airport||8.8 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bit pricey||in 53 reviews|
|common area||in 25 reviews|
|dorm room||in 44 reviews|
|early check-in||in 13 reviews|
|free coffee||in 100 reviews|
|free pasta||in 15 reviews|
|friendly staff||in 229 reviews|
|great atmosphere||in 26 reviews|
|great hostel||in 196 reviews|
|great location||in 96 reviews|
|great place||in 143 reviews|
|lots of activities||in 67 reviews|
|meet backpackers||in 9 reviews|
|meet people||in 146 reviews|
|myanmar||in 18 reviews|
|new bagan||in 91 reviews|
|ostello||in 53 reviews|
|solo traveller||in 44 reviews|
|sunrise and sunset||in 19 reviews|
|tours and activities||in 15 reviews|
Nice common areas, perfect hostel if you arrive early from night bus as they have beds on top floor that you can use to sleep until they let you check in, free coffee and tea available through the day, you can do your washing (with fee) but they also have drying lines if you prefer to hand wash your things .
The “free “ tour was very interesting however the guides did mention several times that tip is expected- bit too much (I am not sure if hostel doesn’t pay him any money or what but he shouldn’t talk about tip five times through the tour) - also you rent a bike to do this tour so it’s not free. Drinks from outside are not allowed
- amazing staff, especially Christopher and Cecelia! - great location in the new town with lots of restaurants on your door - they do fantastic tours from the hostel, and if you're really lucky you'll have Christopher show you round Bagan who was a great guide - area to sleep/shower on the roof for when you arrive early in the morning on the night bus
- 8 beds with just 1 bathroom can get pretty busy, but there are additional toilets and showers elsewhere in the hostel. - Can get quite noisy with people getting up early to watch the sunrise over the temples, didn't get the best nights sleep when there.
Great hostel with a nice atmosphere, enjoyed my stay.
Everything was fine
It was an amazing and magic place! They arrange a beautiful party for celebrate the Unesco Heritage. I fully recommend it!!
It’s one of the most popular hostel in Myanmar , they provide many local tour which is great!!!
The dorm that I stay for 2 days is a bit smelly.
With a stay at Ostello Bello Bagan in Nyaung-U, you'll be in the historical district, a 4-minute walk from Nanpaya and a 4-minute drive from Dhammayazika Pagoda. Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, multilingual staff, and luggage storage. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
based on 1,002 reviews
Things to know
- Clean rooms
- Comfortable beds
- Friendly atmosphere
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Ostello Bello Bagan
Most popular landmarks
- Payathonzu Temple 3.2 km
- Dhammayangyi Temple 3.5 km
- Gawdawpalin Temple 3.6 km
- Ananda Temple 4.4 km
- Thatbyinnyu Temple 4.6 km
- Htilominlo Temple 5.2 km