Good to know
|Distance to city centre||4.7 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
- There are 4 private onsen. So I can choose one of them. I stayed 2 days, and I entered every onsen in ryokan. - I have tattoos, and in private onsen, that doesn’t matter. - The dinner was quite expensive but I can enjoy fresh meat and delicious food. Thanks for all kind staff.
- Because of earthquake, you have to move by bus from Kumamoto. But it’s not Ryokan’s problem.
The family onsen is great! We enjoyed them for several times. It was never crowding. The staff are so friendly and helpful. They gave us a ride to the station when we leave. Good breakfast too.
The owner is extremely hospitable. She is able to communicate in English and is very friendly. When we checked in, she prepared a Japanese snack and a cup of green tea for us. The whole place is decorated with a very Japanese feeling. The room was spacious and the heater was working well. The private onsens are very comfortable and can be assessed whenever it’s not occupied. The open onsen was a bit cold to go to in January but it warms you up almost immediately. Breakfast is super rich with a great variety of food. When we left, the owner prepared us rice balls and we really appreciated that.
The place is located a bit far from the JR station. It is also located in a fairly quiet neighbourhood. It was hard to find a restaurant that was still open though it was just 7pm. Therefore for people who do not drive or do not want to cover long distance to hunt for food, I would say saying dinner at the place would be the best.
The best among others as the staffs super friendly, great breakfast, great onsen. I will back to this place if decide to visit Kyushu again! Love it.
Cant find anything bad..
- the location is not so good, but we were offered a taxi every day to Aso station - the Japanese house is typical and really offers a change. It is very peaceful and everyone is respectful - very nice staff, different from the Japanese people we had met before - laughing a lot and interested in cultural differences, as foreigners we felt welcome - the restaurant is traditional and very good, the menus are endless! - the bath is simple and relaxing - the heating works well
- the trash in our room was not picked up, but just asking for it would have sold this :) nothing bad to say, it really is an amazing experience!
Located in Aso, ASO NO SHIKI is a 2-minute drive from Aso Shrine and 8 minutes from Cuddly Dominion. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 242 reviews
Things to know
- Great menu
- Very quiet
- Smooth booking process
- Friendly service
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Aso no Shiki
Where is Aso no Shiki located?
Aso no Shiki is located at 3030-2 Ichinomiyamachi Sakanashi, 4.7 km from the centre of Aso. Aso Shrine is the closest landmark to Aso no Shiki.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Aso no Shiki?
Check-in time is 16:00 and check-out time is 10:00 at Aso no Shiki.
Does Aso no Shiki offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Aso no Shiki offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Aso no Shiki offer free parking?
Yes, Aso no Shiki offers free parking.
Does Aso no Shiki offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Aso no Shiki does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Aso no Shiki from the airport?
Aso no Shiki is 28 km from Kumamoto. Aso no Shiki is 80.6 km from Saga.
Can you bring pets to Aso no Shiki?
No, pets are not allowed at Aso no Shiki.
Does Aso no Shiki have a pool?
No, Aso no Shiki does not have a pool on-site.
Most popular landmarks
- Aso Shrine 1.8 km
- Kodainosato Museum of Art 2.5 km
- Ikoi-no-Mura Station 3.3 km
- Aso Station (Kumamoto) 4.7 km
- Cuddly Dominion 6 km
- Mount Aso 7.1 km