Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Visakhapatnam
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$117|
|Average price (weekend night):||$31|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Visakhapatnam cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Visakhapatnam hotel
- At the docks in Visakhapatnam there is a decommissioned submarine, the INS Kursura. For those interested in military history, you can visit the submarine and learn more at the attached museum and the nearby Victory at Sea War Memorial. The Welcomhotel Grand Bay is a 7-minute drive from the museum. If you want to learn even more, the Visakha Museum is just a little further down the road.
- For those looking to stay downtown, the Hotel Meghalaya is only a 5-minute walk away from the city’s most central park within the business district. Also in the area are a number of shopping and dining options as well as the AP Tourism Office to help you become better acquainted with what the city has to offer.
- One of the most popular temples to visit in Visakhapatnam is the Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Temple at the top of the mountains just outside the city. You can reach it by climbing the Simhachalam Devasthanam Steps or by driving to the top. Either way, you will be able to see the view across the jungle and over the city. For those looking to stay nearby towards the north of the city, The Micro Continental is a 30-minute drive from the mountain.
- The Kailasagiri Park is a good place to visit for anyone who enjoys sculptures. The large Shiva-Parvati Statue stands in the middle of the park on top of the hill which you can ride a gondola up to. The Park Visakhapatnam is within 10 minutes of the foot of the hill. Also in the area is the Telugu Cultural Museum, which has a number of cultural art works.
- If you have come to Visakhapatnam to enjoy some fishing, boating activities, or to tour around the Bay of Bengal, then you may wish to stay in a hotel close to the marina. The Hotel Daspalla is a 10-minute drive from the fishing harbour and from the fish market where you can see locals selling their daily catch.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Visakhapatnam
How much does a hotel cost in Visakhapatnam?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Visakhapatnam for as cheap as $16 in the last 3 days. The average price is $61.
Which hotels in Visakhapatnam are close to the beach?
For those who wish to spend their days relaxing by the seaside, the Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach and the Gateway Hotel Beach Road are both good options for hotels right along Beach Road. Here you will also have access to a range of dining options and supermarkets.
What hotels in Visakhapatnam have a pool?
If you prefer to swim in a private pool rather than a busy beach, then it’s a good idea to find a hotel with a private pool, especially in the height of the Indian summer. Two 4-star hotels, the Bheemli Resort and the Four Points by Sheraton, are both good options with outdoor pools and an area to rest in the sun. Both also offer a range of spa facilities to help you better relax.
What hotels in Visakhapatnam provide a complimentary breakfast?
For those who like to have a stress-free morning and not worry about what to have for breakfast, the Best Western Ramachandra and The Quality Inn Bez Krishnaa both offer complimentary breakfasts with your stay, leaving you refreshed to go out sightseeing.
What hotels in Visakhapatnam provide you with access to an airport shuttle?
The airport is a 30-minute drive to Visakhapatnam’s main tourist centre. To help make this journey as stress-free as possible, the Dolphin Hotel and Hotel Winsar Park can facilitate access to an airport shuttle. Alternatively, these hotels both offer car hires, making it convenient to get around the city while you’re there.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.