Good to know
|Distance to city centre||10.8 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
Room was good. Food was good. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Bar area/reception really needs an upgrade. Workmen cutting off electricity supply at breakfast time was not good.
Fantastic large room with bath and shower . The staff were lovely and so far it’s the best hotel I have stayed at on my journey along the Thames Path with my dog
The cleanliness , facilities , products in the room ambience and style were all fantastic I thought it terrific value for money
Super friendly staff, very clean and quaint English Pub / Hotel.
The room size and that it had an en suite. The bed was super comfy and the breakfast was included so it made the price spot on.
1. The extraction fan was too load and needed a service. 2. The wardrobe was too small when the area it was in would have coped with a bigger one at no real detriment to the overall impression of room space. 3. The food other than the breakfast was dire. 4. Staff were young people happy to do the basics and did not appear to have a leader. Example, things were labelled wrong and when informed said they knew (so why not change it), another customer asked what beer was available and the reply came “ I don’t know” followed by a uneasy stand off until the customer said, “could you find out”, asked if there was a cash machine I was informed the best way would be cash back as it was not safe to use the village machines. Later, I bought a beer and some fries and asked how much cash back was allowed and was told by the same person “sorry we don’t do it any more” 5. Local Information - The staff didn’t appear to have any ! Example - There was a restriction on parking outside at the time of our visit but staff didn’t know the detail and didn’t know where else we could park. Also, the village has a post office inside the Tesco store which was perfectly safe for withdrawing money, so why didn’t’ the staff tell me about it.
Me and my family had a lovely stay at the Red Lion on Sunday 25th August. Rooms were spacious and well equipped. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good varied breakfast menu. All cooked fresh. We had burgers for our evening meal and they were very tasty. To top it off in the evening there was live music. Thank you all at The Red Lion. We will be coming back.
To be honest there wasnt anything we didnt like.
With a stay at The Red Lion in Swindon, you'll be in the historical district, within a 15-minute drive of Swindon Designer Outlet and Combat Splat.
based on 45 reviews
Things to know
- Comfortable beds
- Spacious rooms
- Great menu
- Good alcoholic drinks
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about The Red Lion
Most popular landmarks
- Swindon and Cricklade Railway 4.2 km
- Stanton Country Park 8.7 km
- Lydiard Park 9.3 km
- Swindon Designer Outlet 9.8 km
- Museum of the Great Western Railway 9.9 km
- Great Western Railway Museum 10.1 km
|Brize Norton||22.1 km|
|Cirencester Kemble||12.2 km|