Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Newcastle
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|June||Cheapest month to stay with an average 20% drop in price.|
|November||Most expensive month to stay with an average 81% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$141||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$148||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Newcastle hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
Top tips for finding the perfect Newcastle hotel
- If you are interested in culture and architecture, consider a hotel close to the Newcastle Civic Park. The Clarendon Hotel is only a 1-minute walk away from the Civic Theatre, Newcastle’s premium centre of performing arts. The Newcastle Museum, Art Gallery and War Museum are also all within a 5-minute walk, putting you in the middle of Newcastle’s cultural hub.
- At the bottom of Shepherds Hill is Newcastle’s best kept secret – the Bogey Hole. Also known as the Commandant’s Baths, this local swimming place is a heritage-listed sea bath built in the 1800s. Just outside the major city, Shepard’s hill is a spot of peace and quiet, just at the end of Newcastle Beach. The Novotel Newcastle Beach will have you across the road from the beach and a pleasant 15-minute walk from Shepard’s Hill.
- If you’re here to enjoy some adventure tourism, then consider staying in Fern Bay close to the Worimi National Park. The Newcastle Links Motel is 10 minutes away from the entry to Stockton Beach. Further along the beach are the Worimi Conservation Lands that offer you the chance to 4WD over 19 km of sand dunes. Just make sure you contact the Worimi Conservation Lands for your permit first.
- For those who prefer the lakeside to the seaside, there are some beautiful places to stay along Lake Macquarie such as the Overnight Reflections. Right up against the lake, this B&B has its own dock to help you make the most of the water.
- But if you are here to relax on the beach or swim in the ocean, then you may want to look for somewhere close to the beach. The Quality Hotel Noah’s On The Beach is right on the esplanade of Newcastle Beach, and only a 10-minute walk away from the picturesque Nobbys Beach and Lighthouse.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Newcastle
Are hotels in Newcastle safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Which hotels in Newcastle have a pool?
Which hotels in Newcastle are great for those on a budget?
Which hotels in Newcastle are close to the city centre?
Which hotels in Newcastle are good to stay in during Surfest?
Which hotels in Newcastle are close to the Hunter Wetlands National Park?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Newcastle?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Newcastle by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Newcastle hotels
Go to map