Good to know
|Distance to city centre||1.6 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
- The location is fantastic, right in the heart of Barrio Antiguo (although be warned that some locals still consider that a somewhat dangerous area). - Security system is good. - Power outlets and shelves next to every bed, and curtains around the beds. - Kept pretty clean overall.
- The pillows are terrible - very flat and uncomfortable. - The WiFi barely reaches the rooms. - Small lockers and small rooms, so there's not a lot of space to put your belongings if you're traveling with a larger bag. - The "common area" is really just the walkway through the property with some chairs along the side, so the hostel is not very social at all. - There are so many mosquitoes around the property - for some reason, way more mosquitoes here than anywhere else I spent time in Monterrey. - Only the first shower in the men's room has hot water. - No jugs/bottles of water, only filtered water from a spout in the sink. Who knows how often the filter is changed... - The ladder to the upper bunks had a broken step the entire time I was there and no one fixed it (I reported it as soon as I found out, the first time I tried to climb up). - No air conditioning in the rooms, only a fan. - They charge for towels (30 pesos) and the towels are tiny and old.
A man called Carlos (who worked at the hostel) made me feel really uncomfortable and made me pay him money because he opened the door for me. The lady who was running the hostel wasnt there when i arrived and the reception was really poor. Not worth the amount i paid.
Everything. No WiFi. No AC. Facilities smell like mildew. Staff parties more than they work. The most uncomfortable hostel I’ve ever stayed in.
The location was great.
1. The hostel attendant does not open the door upon arrival and makes you wait outside the hostel for 1 hour or more before she opens the door (her name is Yaki). This was kind of unsafe for me as a solo female traveler. 2. The bathroom was really unclean and 1 toilet was clogged and the attendant just did not care to fix it. 3. No hot water for showering. 4. The hostel attendant expressed verbally that she dislikes black or African American people staying at her hostel (Ms. Yaki) 5. The dorm rooms were not cleaned daily. 6. The hostel attendant was not friendly or helpful rather she seemed very nice to all caucasian / white guests and rude to all black or minority guests.
Super great hostel! Would definitely recommend!
Featuring a shared lounge, Ikali Hostel is set in Monterrey in the Nuevo León region, 500 metres from Macroplaza and 800 metres from MARCO Museum Monterrey. Boasting family rooms, this property also provides guests with a terrace. The hostel offers an outdoor swimming pool and a shared kitchen and free WiFi. Guests at the hostel can enjoy a continental breakfast. At Ikali Hostel guests are welcome to take advantage of a hot tub. ITESM Campus Monterrey (Monterrey Tech) is 3.7 km from the accommodation, while Estadio Tecnológico is 3.8 km away. The nearest airport is Monterrey International, 32 km from Ikali Hostel, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
based on 288 reviews
Things to know
- Nice building
- Friendly service
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Ikali Hostel
Where is Ikali Hostel located?
Ikali Hostel is located at 1017 Prolongación José María Morelos, 1.6 km from the centre of Monterrey. Barrio Antiguo is the closest landmark to Ikali Hostel.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Ikali Hostel?
Check-in time is 14:00 and check-out time is 11:00 at Ikali Hostel.
Does Ikali Hostel offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Ikali Hostel offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Ikali Hostel offer free parking?
No, Ikali Hostel does not offer free parking.
Does Ikali Hostel offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Ikali Hostel does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Ikali Hostel from the airport?
Ikali Hostel is 23.4 km from Monterrey Gen Mariano Escobedo. Ikali Hostel is 63.7 km from Saltillo.
Does Ikali Hostel have a pool?
Yes, Ikali Hostel has a pool on-site.
Most popular landmarks
- Barrio Antiguo 178 m
- Metropolitan Cathedral of Our Lady of Monterrey 380 m
- Museo de Arte Contemporaneo 385 m
- Macroplaza 0.4 km
- Palacio Municipal 0.5 km
- Paseo Santa Lucía 0.5 km
|Monterrey Gen Mariano Escobedo||23.4 km|