Good to know
|Value for money||9.0|
|Distance to city centre||0.3 km|
|"Clean,comfy,great place to every point!"||(in 5 reviews)|
|"Great location and amenities provided"||(in 201 reviews)|
|"The breakfast is very good."||(in 72 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bed is very hard||in 17 reviews|
|clean and tidy||in 6 reviews|
|common space||in 24 reviews|
|friendly staff||in 158 reviews|
|great hostel||in 81 reviews|
|great location||in 265 reviews|
|great place||in 7 reviews|
|grids||in 10 reviews|
|lot of information||in 14 reviews|
|massage chair||in 8 reviews|
|near nishiki||in 13 reviews|
|nice breakfast||in 96 reviews|
|nishiki market||in 80 reviews|
|private room||in 136 reviews|
|station and bus||in 22 reviews|
|store luggage||in 12 reviews|
The order and cleaning is evident since you arrive to the facilities. They have almost every question or doubt documented and week explained in the reception...
The location is closed to shopping and near some place of interests. There is a lift so don't need to climb stair and it is very near to Nishiki Market. I will come back again. They also provide locker to put my bag when I check out early.
Really cool hostel in a perfect location - not far from the underground and right next to the Nishiki Market. Nice common area and great staff. Highly recommended.
I looove the location, it's perfect! It's near everything, the bus station, the train station, convenience store, etc. I like that the room was so spacious considering it's Japan. The bathroom was also spacious and tidy.
I didn't like the bed. It was not smooth enough for my preference. Another issue with the bed, the ladder to the bunk beds was too stiff! It's very hard to go up and down. The AC wasn't working properly. My friends and I had a hard time sleeping because it was too hot. We set it for 20c, after a few minutes it will be 25c again.
* First and foremost, the price : guess it is hard to do any cheaper. * The facilities were clean. * You are at seconds literally from the Nishiki market, where you have food stalls, and a crossroad from the main commercial street going from the Yasaka shrine (near Gion). * Something that I didn’t see before coming, if you extend your stay, you get a discount, from what I saw in the room. But I don’t know how much it is.
* You hardly have occasions to meet people and to talk to the staff as it was crowded when you were in, but the staff was friendly. Well it was in my case though, if you can make friends easily, it is a really good place with a lot of foreign travellers.
With a stay at GRIDS KYOTO SHIJO KAWARAMACHI HOTEL&HOSTEL, you'll be centrally located in Kyoto, steps from Nishiki Market and 3 minutes by foot from Kawaramachi. Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, laundry facilities, and microwave in a common area.
based on 2,313 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Grids Kyoto Shijo Kawaramachi Hotel&Hostel
Most popular landmarks
- Nishiki Market 103 m
- Gion 0.9 km
- Kyoto International Manga Museum 1 km
- Kyoto National Museum 1.8 km
- Nijo Castle 1.9 km
- Sento Imperial Palace 1.9 km
|Osaka Itami||38.5 km|
|Osaka Kobe||63.8 km|