Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Katra
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|February||Cheapest month to stay with an average 42% drop in price.|
|January||Most expensive month to stay with an average 65% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|$35||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|$31||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Katra hotel deal
- If your aim while in Katra is to make a pilgrimage from this base camp town to Vaishno Devi Temple, a 12-kilometre trek from Katra, then consider staying at a hotel near the Banganga Checkpoint at the start of the pilgrimage trail. The Hotel Katra Residency, a 2-star hotel, is 16-minutes’ walk from the checkpoint where you start your trek. Vaishno Devi Temple is visited by millions of pilgrims each year and this attraction is one of the main reasons to visit Katra.
- If you want to stay in the same area as the Raghunath Temple, which was built between 1822 and 1860, then you could consider staying at the 2-star Hotel Dev Bhoomi, which is situated just a 3-minute walk from the temple. The Raghunath Temple, which has spiral gold-plated towers was built in the Mughal architectural style and houses both a school and a library on the premises.
- One of the best ways of travelling to and from Katra is by train. If you would like to stay in a hotel near the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra railway station, which is on the Jammu Baramulla line, you could consider the 3-star Lemon Tree Hotel. This hotel, which offers views of the Trikuta Mountain is a 6-minute walk from the station. A budget option would be the OYO 10155 Vijay International, which is just across the road from the station.
- For travellers who like green spaces, you can spend time relaxing in Shalimar Park. Hotels near these gardens include the 3-star Hotel Jai Deva Residency, which is 14 minutes’ walk from the park. Shalimar Park is home to several varieties of flowers and plants and is a good place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
- If you like to experience local shopping while on holiday, consider booking a hotel in the vicinity of Naresh Shopping Centre. This shopping centre hosts shops and stalls that sell a wide variety of dried fruit and nuts that you can buy by weight. The OYO 5239 Hotel Satya Shree is a good 3-star option just 6 minutes’ walk from the market.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Katra
Are hotels in Katra safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in Katra?
Which hotels in Katra offer breakfast?
Which hotels in Katra have family rooms?
Which hotels in Katra have views of the mountain?
Which hotels in Katra have a massage therapist?
How do I find a hotel in central Katra?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Katra?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Katra by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Katra hotels
Go to map