Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Hobart
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||$139|
|Average price (weekend night):||$135|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Hobart cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Hobart hotel
- For those that enjoy art, make sure to select a hotel next to the Museum of Old and New Art, such as the Riverfront Motel & Villas, located a 3-minute walk away. This underground museum contains a variety of interactive and playful art, as well as a popular wine bar that is connected to the local Moorilla Winery.
- Hoping to do some shopping during your trip to Hobart? Choose a hotel next to the Salamanca Market, such as the 4-star Salamanca Suites, which is located a 3-minute walk away. This outdoor market contains a high concentration of vendors selling goods such as clothing, produce, ready-to-eat items and local art pieces.
- To explore some of the city’s green spaces and impressive natural scenery, consider booking a hotel near the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, such as the Quest Trinity House that is just a 7-minute walk away. The Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens are composed of over 14 hectares of land and have a variety of historical and exotic plant collections, as well as a visitor centre.
- If you’re interested in seeing a unique perspective of Hobart’s history, pick a hotel next to the Cascades Female Factory, a workhouse that dates back to the 1800s and has since been converted into a museum highlighting the reformation of Australian female convicts. The Bay View Villas are a chic choice that are only a 4-minute drive to the museum and a 6-minute drive to the Hobart Aquatic Centre.
- For travelers that would like to do some gambling during their time in Hobart, book a room at Wrest Point, a casino hotel that also has a golf course, a revolving restaurant, and several pools. Additionally, Wrest Point is located directly next to the banks of the Derwent River, making it a particularly scenic place to stay.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Hobart
How much does a hotel cost in Hobart?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Hobart for as cheap as $17 in the last 3 days. The average price is $161.
Are there hotels in Hobart with free parking?
The Fountainside Hotel is a stylish 4-star choice that is only a 3-minute drive to the Salamanca Market and offers both free parking and WiFi for guests. The Rydges Hobart is a 5-minute drive to the city’s business district and provides free parking and a business centre that includes private meeting rooms.
Which hotels in Hobart have a good pool?
The Hotel Grand Chancellor is a chic choice that is located directly on the waterfront and has a large indoor pool available for guests. The ibis Styles Hobart hotel is an affordable choice that is located in the city centre and has a heated indoor pool and a fitness centre.
What are good hotels in Hobart near the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery?
The Hobart Central YHA is a budget-friendly hostel that is only a 3-minute walk from the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery and an 8-minute walk to the Salamanca Market. The Mantra Collins Hotel is located in the city’s business district and is a 5-minute walk to the museum.
Which hotels in Hobart are near the Constitution Dock marina?
The Somerset on the Pier is a stylish hotel that is only a 2-minute walk to the Constitution Dock marina and a 10-minute drive to the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens. The Henry Jones Art Hotel is a 3-minute walk to the marina and a 14-minute walk to the Salamanca Market.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.