Scottsdale car hire information
Scottsdale car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Scottsdale
When to book a hire car in Scottsdale
Top tips for renting a car in Scottsdale
- Whether you’re bouncing between the many golf courses Scottsdale has to offer, venturing into Phoenix situated southwest of the city, or exploring Tonto National Forest, by renting a car you can do all of the above conveniently within your own timeframe. The area is best explored with a car, so enjoy the many great things Scottsdale has to offer by renting a car.
- Travelers who arrive in Scottsdale at the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport will be pleased to know that there are several hire car agencies on the grounds. Start your journey free of stress by renting a car directly at the airport and be in Scottsdale in about twenty minutes via the N Scottsdale Road. The hire car center is located in its own building and there is a shuttle operating between the terminals and the hire center. The bus stops are outside the terminals, past the baggage claim area.
- Especially during summer, monsoons can occur regularly in Scottsdale and the whole of Arizona, and they bring heavy rain showers, strong winds, and dust storms – all of which can severely impair visibility. Should you drive into such a monsoon, try to find a safe place to park the car and wait until it has abated. Also do not drive into flooded areas, usually marked with a warning sign, or the car can lose traction and you will need to be towed out of the flooded area.
- Rush hours in Scottsdale occur at 6-9 am and 5-7 pm, where traffic, specifically between Scottsdale and Phoenix, can increase dramatically. Try to avoid driving through the city during these times, and especially when heading to the airport, allow plenty of extra time (at least two hours), so you don’t miss your flight.
- Book your rental car in Scottsdale at least 4 weeks before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Scottsdale
What is the best rental car company in Scottsdale?
Which car hire agencies are at the airport: Sky Harbor Intl Airport (PHX)?
The only car hire company onsite at Sky Harbor Intl Airport is Alamo.
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Sky Harbor Intl Airport (PHX)?
The only car hire company that offers shuttle or pick-up services from Sky Harbor Intl Airport to off-airport locations is Alamo.
How can I find car rentals near me in Scottsdale?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Scottsdale?
It is always easier to maneuver through an unknown city with a smaller car instead of a large and bulky one. If possible, rent a compact car to be able to navigate through traffic, find parking, and also pay a lower weekly rate in most cases. When planning to drive to the national forest or explore the natural surroundings, opt for a 4-wheel-drive car for the best traction.
What's the speed limit in Scottsdale?
It is important to always check posted speed limit signs and follow their listed speed limit. Generally, speed limits are 25 mph in residential areas, 65 mph on divided rural highways, and up to 75 mph on freeways and interstates. On the I-10 into Phoenix there is a Safety Corridor, which are lanes where accidents are more likely to occur and law enforcement is very strict (you could already get fined for going one or two miles over the speed limit).
How are gas prices in Scottsdale?
The average price for a gallon of petrol in Scottsdale lies at approximately $2.70, but there are cheaper petrol stations like Costco or Mobil which can be up to $0.10 less per gallon. Travelers who are planning trips out of Scottsdale towards the many national and regional parks should refill the tank beforehand.
Where are the best places to park in Scottsdale?
There are free parking opportunities available in Scottsdale, for example in the 1st Ave Lot or Pepperwood Lot, but keep in mind that parking is restricted to two hours. In the Old Town, there are also plenty of garages and on-street parking spots available, but during the day on-street parking may be hard to find, so opting for the 3rd Ave parking garage, for instance, may be a better option.