Jeju City car rentals
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for car rental deals in Jeju City
Jeju City car rental information
|Pick-up location||Jeju City|
Jeju City car hire reviews and directory
|Monday||06:00 - 22:00|
|Tuesday||06:00 - 22:00|
|Wednesday||06:00 - 22:00|
|Thursday||06:00 - 22:00|
|Friday||06:00 - 22:00|
|Saturday||06:00 - 22:00|
|Sunday||06:00 - 22:00|
|Monday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Saturday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Sunday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Monday||08:00 - 20:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 20:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 20:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 20:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 20:00|
|Saturday||08:00 - 20:00|
|Sunday||08:00 - 20:00|
Car rental locations in or near Jeju City
When to book a rental car in Jeju City
Top tips for renting a car in Jeju City
- Jeju City, located on Jeju Island off the southern coast of South Korea, is the perfect place to explore with a hire car. Buses are available, but require the exact fare, which means you'd have to walk around with loose change. While the city center is small enough to discover on foot, most of the island's top sights and most remote places are only reached with a car. The city of Seogwipo is only a little over an hour’s ride away from Jeju City.
- Jeju International Airport (CJU) is about 20 minutes away from the city center. The car hire desks are located just outside the domestic arrival area, but you must take a shuttle bus to the main offices. Exit through gate 5 on the ground level, then cross the street and follow the "Rent A Car" sign. You must have an International Driving Permit (IDP) to drive on Jeju Island.
- South Koreans drive on the right-hand side of the road, and traffic signs are written both in Korean and in English. Jeju City is pretty easy to navigate, but it is littered with traffic lights. However, South Koreans tend to speed and run reds quite often, so slow down at intersections, even if the lights are green, to avoid any accidents. Make sure you ask for an English GPS when renting a car.
- Traffic isn't a huge problem in the city nor on the island's highways, which typically have four lanes. Speed limits are strict all across Jeju Island, but they are quite low, meaning you may find yourself with a line of cars behind you. However, don't let that pressure you, and remember to always drive within the speed limits. Traffic peaks at 7-9 a.m. and 5-7 p.m on weekdays.
- Book your rental car in Jeju City at least 4 weeks before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about renting a car in Jeju City
What is the best rental car company in Jeju City?
How can I find car rentals near me in Jeju City?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Jeju City?
Jeju City is aiming to reduce car emissions, which means there are lots of hybrids or electric cars on offer. If you do rent an electric car, make sure to mark on your map all the electric car stations where you'll be able to charge it. For a road trip around the island, an SUV is perhaps the best option.
What's the speed limit in Jeju City?
Most roads in Jeju have a speed limit of 30 to 37 miles per hour, while highways observe a speed limit of 50 miles per hour. The limits may be lower in certain residential areas, in which case the signs will be posted. Beware that the whole island, even highways, is filled with speed cameras, so make sure you are always driving within the legal speed limit.
How are gas prices in Jeju City?
The average petrol prices in Jeju City are approximately $5.03 per gallon. Lower prices can range anywhere between $4.22 and $6.62 per gallon. If you're visiting in the summer, remember that there will be more tourists on the road, which means longer lines at petrol stations. It's useful to know that there is an SK Energy petrol station on the main road of the airport.
Where are the best places to park in Jeju City?
Although there are some areas where you will need to pay around KRW 2000-3000 ($1.80-$2.71) to park, most parking spaces in town are usually free and plentiful. Parking lots at tourist spots and restaurants are also typically free, and most hotels offer free parking to their guests as well.