Good to know
|Distance to city centre||0.7 km|
|Nearest airport||Marrakesh Menara|
|Distance to airport||4.6 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
The staff was very kind. They gave us a map and helped us with our navigation. The riad itself is perfect for photographs. The roof terrace is also very nice. There are several patio sets up there. Pretty much every tourist attraction was within walking distance. We didn't have to take a cab anywhere. Attractions like camel riding offered a shuttle bus service which met us down the block from the riad. Fortunately, anything that didn't offer a shuttle bus was walkable.
The riad is at the end of an alley and very difficult to find the first time you get there. If you look for a sign that says "Derb Hotel" it is down that way.
Its a wonderful escape from a bustle and hustle of the medina, located in between the main square and the beautiful Majorelle gardens (20 min walking to each). The staff was super friendly, gave advice, asked for time for breakfast (even when I had to leave super early, it was provided without any problems). Everything but the city tax can be easily paid by card. The riad has many common areas to sit at and read, and of course I was greeted with mint tea and dried fruits. The market outside is just another local experience and I bought bread and fruits there, very friendly and welcoming people. Good wifi connection in my room.
No wifi in some sitting areas, but it's a minor thing, since it's a place for holidays and I had good wifi in my room :)
One of the employees is very very nice, he works in the night shift. He is always very helpful and available.
The breakfast is very poor, only different types of Moroccan pastry, some orange juice, 1 cup of coffee and tea and some jelly that comes in a bowl shared with other guests. Not hygienic at all! The fruit wasn’t good and I asked several times for some scrambled eggs but they never arrived. One day we arrived for breakfast and the table was set up for us, but they placed the napkins of the last guests, so they were dirty! One morning I asked for more bread, the lady told us they didn’t have more and the quantities were rationed by guests. The Riad is beautiful but it needs some improvements, new paintings and trained staff. The entrance of the Riad is a bit scary, it smells badly, it is in one of the end corners of a labyrinthic street of the Medina and it has beggars sleeping there for the night, so the access is not that good.
- Upgraded room on arrival (free of charge). - Accommodated late check in time. - Shuttle booked in advance for us for our return to RAK airport. - Free moroccan tea / snacks made for us in the evening on arrival - Tour of riad given on arrival. - Breakfast made for the time you want it (between set hours).
- We arrived late (approx 11pm at night). Had it not been for a local boy on the Main Street we would not have been able to find this riad (as the contact number they gave us was wrong and riad did not come up on maps.me or google maps properly). Would have been nice for a staff member to come out and meet us.\ - Had to pay the tourism tax in cash (every other riad I stayed in in Morocco let us pay this on our credit card along with the rest of the accommodation balance - be aware of this and ensure you have money saved for this). - Could not use our left over cash MAD (dirhams) as a part payment for the accommodation.
The Riad was very clean and the staff were very friendly. The rooms were spacious. I booked three rooms and they were altogether on one landing and it was just us, which was great. The location of the Riad was within walking distance of a lot of the tourist attractions in Marrakech. Each room gets a free large bottle of water every day, which is a nice touch, as we were advised not to drink the water.
Located in Marrakech (Medina), Riad Moucharabieh is within a 15-minute walk of Almoravid Koubba and Ben Youssef Mosque. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
based on 84 reviews
Things to know
- Friendly service
- Spacious rooms
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Riad Moucharabieh
Most popular landmarks
- Almoravid Koubba 1 km
- Mosquée de la Koutoubia 1 km
- Souk Zrabi 1 km
- Jamaa el Fna 1 km
- Ben Youssef Madrasa 1.1 km
- Museum of Moroccan Arts 1.1 km
|Marrakesh Menara||4.6 km|