Good to know
|Distance to city centre||4.7 km|
|"nice breakfast and service."||(in 20 reviews)|
|"There is clean, harbour view, quiet"||(in 26 reviews)|
|"The staff are excellent."||(in 44 reviews)|
|"Outside access area is neglected."||(in 6 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|breakfast was very good||in 39 reviews|
|car parking||in 7 reviews|
|excellent location||in 18 reviews|
|free bikes||in 8 reviews|
|nice place||in 6 reviews|
|offer free shuttle||in 10 reviews|
|pedestrian access||in 12 reviews|
|public transport||in 8 reviews|
|recommend this hotel||in 18 reviews|
|room size||in 39 reviews|
|sea view||in 44 reviews|
|separate buildings||in 4 reviews|
|staff is very friendly||in 53 reviews|
|taiwan||in 3 reviews|
|walking distance||in 10 reviews|
OH hands down the best thing about the hotel is the breakfast. The selection is wide, with something for everyone. A good blend of eastern, western healthy, and indulgent.The view of the harbor is also spectacular.
The hotel is a bit of a walk away from the subway station. It wasn't really an issue for me, but might be a point of consideration for others.
* Breakfast was good considering the prices were good for value. (With seaviews above starbucks not the one across the road) * Rooms are decent which contain everything we need. * Location- walking distance to pier 2 which lead us to Qijin Island where we had seafood at a good price and beer too. * Around 10-15 mins walk from the station. Or few mins taxi which is about $85 TWD. What to do in this area? 1. Get on the ferry from the pier across the river. You can use the subway card to beep through but maybe only Kaohsiung subway's. 2. Hire a bike near the ("See-Chee-One" station) subway station or when arriving the Qijin Island. (electric or manual , single seated, double or 4 ppl) and ride around the island. Need a photo ID. There are a few must go spots: 1. The lighthouse & the other side of the hill (facing the open sea) 2. The star tunnel (only single bike could go through as there are barriers by the entrance.) Otherwise walk through it to get to the other side to get seaview photos etc. 3. Riding along the beachside toward the middle of the island where town center is on your left will lead you to popular spots where most wedding photos are taken. (Two huge artistic frames) 4. Next to this is two huge shell speakers(?). 5. Seashell museum nearby point 4. (not sure if it's still there) 6. Seashell theatre (?) 7. Windmills. 8. Probably it's time to choose favourite and clean seafood restaurants or keep riding around. 9. Nightmarket.
If you dont' mind service apartments type then this is good for value. Unless one prefer hotel-type accommodation then this could be secondary option but there's hardly any hotel nearby.
Good location at the waterfront, tasty breakfast including fruits and assorted nuts.
Staff did not allow me to postpone my check out time by an hour. Minor issue, of course.
Everything is good
Nice view over the harbour
Difficult to find check in counter
With a stay at Watermark Hotel Sizihwan in Kaohsiung (Gushan District), you'll be a 5-minute walk from Former British Consulate at Takao and within a 5-minute drive of Pier-2 Art Center. Featured amenities include express check-out, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and limited parking is available onsite.
based on 1,095 reviews
Things to know
- Clean rooms
- Friendly service
- Luxurious Hotel
- Great view
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Watermark Hotel Sizihwan
Most popular landmarks
- Kaohsiung Fisherman's Wharf 0.9 km
- Xizi Bay 1.2 km
- Shou Shan Zoo 2 km
- Kaohsiung Museum of History 2.2 km
- Kaohsiung City Music Hall 2.2 km
- Urban Spotlight Arcade 3.2 km