Good to know
Distance to city centre
|Cartagena Rafael Nunez|
Distance to airport
|"The staff were super friendly."||(in 39 reviews)|
|"Locating, friendly staff, delicious breakfast."||(in 35 reviews)|
|"Great place and such good value."||(in 9 reviews)|
|"No hot water for showers"||(in 8 reviews)|
|"a bit noisy on the weekend as the street adjacent is loud."||(in 3 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
Great location in Getsemani and the staff was very friendly! The lady at the reception will surprise you every day with another awesome T-shirt :-)
Open windows in the bathroom which faces the hall, so not that much privacy.
Beautifully appointed large, comfortable clean rooms. Tasty breakfast prepared fresh and served in a pleasant roof-top area. Yvonne at the front desk is a gem. Helpful with travel-related questions, local recommendations - where to buy good yet inexpensive shorts that I forgot to pack, for instance. The location in the bohemian part of the old city - Getsemani, is perfect. Without a moment’s hesitance, I would gladly return.
On arrival we were offered the option to select another room in Casa Mara, they belong together with this Hotel. Its just next door. While Casa Villa looked amazing I cant say much about it. But my experience at Casa Mara was a dream. I had the most wonderful stay in Colombia. Wow.
I liked it all. Not had a good hotel like this anywhere else in colombia. It felt super premium.
Very nice and helpful staff
Bathroom not clean, hair in shower Sheets on bed did not seem clean, one towel per person only, air conditioning not strong At night you can hear the partying outside, stayed awake all night, Bed and pillow not comfortable
- The property is a gorgeous colonial-style villa, a true atmosphere that transports you away from the hustle of the street - the reception area is very nice and historically atmospheric - The location is right in the heart of Getsemani and the area around is safe (including at night and for solo female travellers) - The rooftop terrace has some great views, and the pool on the rooftop is cool (though a bit small and shallow, so not suitable for swimming per se) - The staff are amazng, a big plus of this hotel - especially if you stop to have a chat with them; they're also very informative, helpful and always accommodating, and available 24/7 - Loved the cute little balcony of my room - make sure to ask for the room with a balcony! - The rooms have a choice of both a fan and fast new air-conditioning (both much needed), so everybody has a choice of their own
- The room facilities are a little bit old, though that is fairly to be expected from an older property and was not really an issue for me, it is just good to know - The main issue is that there is very little noise isolation of the rooms - e.g. when somebody passes in the corridor having a conversation you can hear every word; though it is true the guests at the property were rather quiet at night, so I didn't have general issues sleeping, but the lack of noise isolation can bother people who travel in groups and want more privacy, rather than a solo traveller - The cleaning service could improve - e.g. they originally gave two towels but always took them away (even though I did not put them on the ground) after a day and only left one new one; they did not re-fill the hand soap even though it was empty etc. - The bathroom is a little bit damp and it has a window into the corridor, meaning it gets quite warm and also everything from the bathrooms can be heard in the corridors - The breakfast was quite average, which is a shame for a place this lovely (though the lady serving the breakfast was, again, very nice!)
Located in Cartagena (Cartagena Walled City), Casa Villa Colonial is within a 10-minute walk of Cartagena de Indias Convention Center and Clock Tower. Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, luggage storage, and laundry facilities. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a surcharge.
based on 394 reviews
Things to know
- Friendly service
- Nice building
- Awesome terrace
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Casa Villa Colonial
Where is Casa Villa Colonial located?
When is check-in time and check-out time at Casa Villa Colonial?
Does Casa Villa Colonial offer free Wi-Fi?
Does Casa Villa Colonial offer free parking?
Does Casa Villa Colonial offer free airport shuttle service?
How far is Casa Villa Colonial from the airport?
Can you bring pets to Casa Villa Colonial?
Does Casa Villa Colonial have a pool?
Most popular landmarks
- Parroquia de la Santísima Trinidad 314 m
- Puerta del Reloj 0.5 km
- Torre del Reloj 0.5 km
- Castillo San Felipe de Barajas 0.6 km
- Plaza de San Diego 0.7 km
- Museo del Oro Zenú 0.7 km
|Cartagena Rafael Nunez||4 km|
|Barranquilla E Cortissoz||98.2 km|