Good to know
|Distance to city centre||0.5 km|
|Distance to airport||6.7 km|
|"Nice pool, good activities board."||(in 41 reviews)|
|"Very friendly staff and very helpful."||(in 72 reviews)|
|"Great location, comfortable bed."||(in 66 reviews)|
|"Dead WiFi and hella bedbugs."||(in 7 reviews)|
|"Kitchen too small and too dirty."||(in 13 reviews)|
|"Noisy guests at the hostel making noise in the middle of the night."||(in 4 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bed was good||in 48 reviews|
|bit noisy||in 18 reviews|
|close to the town||in 16 reviews|
|common areas||in 7 reviews|
|family room||in 95 reviews|
|free wifi||in 32 reviews|
|friendly staff||in 91 reviews|
|good facilities||in 5 reviews|
|great location||in 83 reviews|
|heated pool||in 61 reviews|
|middle of the night||in 24 reviews|
|private bathroom||in 9 reviews|
|rotorua||in 7 reviews|
|small kitchen||in 36 reviews|
|sunk into the middle||in 3 reviews|
|value for money||in 24 reviews|
Location and the bed was comfortable
Other than the lady who checked us in (who was very friendly and polite) the other staff members we dealt with weren't overly welcoming. Also there was 1 plug in a dorm room for 6 people.
Very noisy Guests do not respect silence at dawn and have no one to warn about. It was hard to sleep at night. but the room is excellent.
- Very good WiFi - Comfortable beds - Staff were very friendly - Great location - Free drink on arrival in the bar - Can book tours at reception which is useful
- Shower leaked and was possibly blocked so water leaked onto the bedroom carpet - Our balcony door was stuck so you couldn’t close it or open it fully, meaning it was a bit chilly at night and the Rotorua smell wafted in heavily - There was no fridge space left at all in the whole kitchen - Our first night we walked into the kitchen and it was absolutely disgusting, but after that it was pretty clean - My friend woke up to a random boy climbing into her top bunk bed at 5am, and then locked himself in our shower when we told him to leave - wasn’t supposed to be in our room, had no idea who he was - definitely something wrong with the lock on our door. Staff were very apologetic in the morning, but they need to get the security issues fixed - Only had four plugs for an 8 person room Worth noting we were only staying for two nights so didn’t report the mechanical issues to staff - they might have fixed the issues straight away if we’d reported them.
Very spacious. Was great having a private bathroom and mini kitchen alongside the bedroom.
Fantastic hostel! The pool is an awesome asset, the staff are very helpful and our room was comfy and spacious. Hostel is right beside a pretty park with lots of thermal spots to see for free. Short and easy walk to town and central attractions. Would definitely stay here again!
A stay at Base Rotorua - Hostel places you in the heart of Rotorua, within a 15-minute walk of Tamaki Maori Village and Polynesian Spa. Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, luggage storage, and laundry facilities. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 882 reviews
Things to know
- Spacious rooms
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Base Rotorua
Where is Base Rotorua located?
Base Rotorua is located at 1286 Arawa Street, 0.5 km from the centre of Rotorua. Kuirau Park is the closest landmark to Base Rotorua.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Base Rotorua?
Check-in time is 14:00 and check-out time is 10:00 at Base Rotorua.
Does Base Rotorua offer free Wi-Fi?
No, Base Rotorua does not offer free Wi-Fi.
Does Base Rotorua offer free parking?
Yes, Base Rotorua offers free parking.
Does Base Rotorua offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Base Rotorua does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Base Rotorua from the airport?
Base Rotorua is 6.7 km from Rotorua. Base Rotorua is 51.7 km from Tauranga.
Can you bring pets to Base Rotorua?
No, pets are not allowed at Base Rotorua.
Does Base Rotorua have a pool?
Yes, Base Rotorua has a pool on-site.
Most popular landmarks
- Kuirau Park 393 m
- Polynesian Spa 1 km
- Rotorua Museum of Art and History 1 km
- Springfield Golf Club 2.3 km
- Rotorua Golf Club 3 km
- Rotorua International Stadium 3.2 km