Good to know
|Distance to city centre||1.1 km|
|"almost brand new hotel."||(in 7 reviews)|
|"Excellent breakfast, lots of choices"||(in 230 reviews)|
|"Lovely hotel with friendly staff."||(in 218 reviews)|
|"no complementary water, small room"||(in 21 reviews)|
|"The lack of hot food."||(in 5 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|brand new||in 9 reviews|
|car park||in 9 reviews|
|clean and nice||in 11 reviews|
|close to the city||in 72 reviews|
|friendly staff||in 265 reviews|
|good breakfast||in 306 reviews|
|great location||in 142 reviews|
|new hotel||in 159 reviews|
|room was small||in 72 reviews|
|scrambled eggs||in 13 reviews|
|sofa bed||in 62 reviews|
|train station||in 46 reviews|
|walk to the city center||in 51 reviews|
|walking distance||in 22 reviews|
The whole experience was excellent and we liked the option not to have room service and have a drink, the bar/breakfast area is lovely and we enjoyed relaxing there. The reception gentleman Steven was exceptional and made us feel very welcome a very charming man. The bar man was also very good and knew how to serve a perfect beer. The walking distance into the city and the public transport was excellent.
We would have liked to have made the room a little cooler we had it on 5oc the lowest but still quite warm for us being from Scotland.
Generally speaking a fairly good and nice hotel.
1. Limited hotel parking slots and no other parking spots in the streets surrounding the hotel. 2. No “welcome” bottles of water in the room. 3. Pretty poor breakfast options. 4. The definition of city centre hotel should be reviewed, as it takes about 20 minutes walk to actually get to the city centre. 5. Pretty high price compared to the room size, location and services offered. 6. At check-in I was asked if I wanted to join the “Save the world - green initiative” consisting of skipping cleaning services over the weekend. As compensation for this I have got a “free drink” voucher. With this voucher you could get a glass of wine or a beer or soft drinks at the bar. So I have asked for a bottle of water, since there was no fridge and/or welcome water in the room. The staff at the bar refused to give me a “big” bottle of water (0,75 cl) as apparently the voucher allowed only for the small bottle (0,25 cl), without taking into account that water has a completely different price compared to wine and/or beer, and anyways it should have already been offered as welcome package at the beginning.
The room was small and cold.They said that there is a parking .That is too bad . I had paid 18 euros for parking per night and 5% taxis extra for all the money I had paid for the hotel. Terrible!!!!
Very small room and no bar
A modern Cologne hotel near the Old Town, with Wi-Fi and continental breakfast buffet includedHoliday Inn Express® Cologne - City Centre hotel is 15 minutes’ walk from the Old Town and less than five minutes' walk from Poststrasse U-bahn station, giving access to the city centre to the north and the trade fair to the west. Cologne Central railway station is five minutes away by U-bahn or 10 minutes by taxi. The hotel is close to the A4 and A1 motorways and offers on-site parking for a daily fee. Please note that we only have a small limited number of parking spaces in our hotel. A reservation is unfortunately not possible. Experience shows that all parking garages in Cologne are very crowded. We recommend you to reserve a parking space in advance in the city center via the website Ampido Parkplatz Sharing. The arrival by train is also highly recommended. Flying in or out? Cologne Bonn Airport is only 25 minutes’ drive away.A short U-bahn ride from the hotel, the twin spires of Gothic Cologne Cathedral tower over the Old Town. The nearby Museum Ludwig shows modern art including a Picasso collection. You can watch international concerts and sports events at the Lanxess Arena, 10 minutes away.Trade fairs at the Koelnmesse are a 10-minute U-bahn journey away. The 24-hour lobby bar is the place to chat with friends over cocktails or local draught beers.
based on 11,188 reviews
Things to know
- Near city centre
- Modern Hotel
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre
Where is Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre located?
Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre is located at Perlengraben 2 in Altstadt, 1.1 km from the centre of Cologne. Käthe Kollwitz Museum is the closest landmark to Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre?
Check-in time is 15:00 and check-out time is 12:00 at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre.
Does Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre offer free parking?
No, Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre does not offer free parking.
Does Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre from the airport?
Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre is 14.8 km from Cologne Köln/Bonn. Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre is 41 km from Duesseldorf Intl.
Can you bring pets to Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre?
No, pets are not allowed at Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre.
Does Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre have a pool?
No, Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre does not have a pool on-site.
Reviews about Holiday Inn Express Cologne - City Centre
Most popular landmarks
- Käthe Kollwitz Museum 0.8 km
- Glockengasse 4711 0.9 km
- Schokoladenmuseum Köln 0.9 km
- Wallraf-Richartz-Museum 0.9 km
- Kolumba 0.9 km
- Museum für Angewandte Kunst 1.1 km
|Cologne Köln/Bonn||14.8 km|
|Duesseldorf Intl||41 km|
|Cologne Köln Süd||1 km|
|Cologne Köln KD||1.2 km|